Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

I don’t have much experience since I avoid taxis as much as possible’. Too much work navigating for them.

Those queue’s do seem a bit chaotic, though, since there doesn’t seem to be a single access point, so you’ve got endemic queue-jumping going on.

Difficult for a guy sitting in a car to impose order on Taiwan though.

Lend me some money, son, and while you are away working in London I’ll sell your motorbike and your pocket watch collection and then deny you ever had either…

…Oh wait, you were talking about Taiwanese families.

1 Like

There’s a Roman God of Manure?

" Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end." Seneca

3 Likes

Must have a gas cartridge. Might consider one for use against cockroaches.

Isn’t that the same as Psycho Jiou jies? (sp?)

Or is it just a perfume choice thing?

Xiao jie

I see this as implying there are bad apples here on the rock, not that the whole half of humanity is fundamentally toxic

It doesn’t seem seriously open to doubt that humanity as a whole is fundamentally toxic.

1 Like

Yea, forgot to say the one who completes the noun phrase gets to name the next measure-word: if you complete “liang tiao…kuzi” you then get to say “san duo…” and the next person has to complete it with a correct noun.

2 Likes

The stupid a&& categories of the week go to New Taipei City for this, ahem, dubious arrangement.

Guy

5 Likes

Most competitive activities are segregated in some way. I don’t see anything discriminatory.

At least all the drunken KTV singing may finally be useful.

Useful for what? They generating electricity with it or something?

I’d agree though, with the implication that (in my admittedly limited KTV experience) drunken singing tends to be a foreign thing. When I’ve participated, usually as a member of a Foreign Drunken KTV Singing Squad, the Taiwanese took it very seriously and absolutely trashed us with virtuosity.

Very unsporting.

Maybe women dont quite fuck up half the sky, but they contribute significantly.

Kids, for example. Mostly down to women.

Yeah those crazy dads! They have nothing to do with it.

Guy

It’ll be mostly pig shit, because the livestock are mostly pigs, round here anyway.

Because the rice fields are flat they can actually be flooded a foot or so deep with liquid manure from a tanker, so beware of moonlight strolls in the sticks.

VERY non-tactical packaging, so a bit wack IF genuine GI

Late Cold War era British Army combat rations were, predictably enough, in olive drab plastic.

Maybe that would be “too serious” for Taiwan though. Having tactical packaging would acknowledge the future possibility of being shot at during lunch, which might be perceived as inauspicious.

Why the reality-defying exaggeration?

If an attempt to deny reality, doesn’t work.

Its still there.

My point is that if you have sh&t parenting perhaps the dads too can up their game.

Apologies if this appears to be a radical idea to you.

Guy

Nope. Just appears to be tangential, since I never referred to shit parenting.

But never mind, everyone should have a hobby.

Okey dokey.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Guy

No likely. Grading