Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Yeah but … this is the UK. Sunshine is a precious resource. A lot of British people are vit. D deficient. I get a slight sunburn if I stay outside with bare skin at 9 degrees north.

What happened? We’re they trying to sell you a different car than what you want?

Would not leave us alone. We couldn’t talk with our then being on our shoulder.

1 Like

Taiwan’s Post Office

Shambles

Had to send three small packages abroad, prepared them last night. Turns out, I cna’t just write the addresses and shit on, but I need to scan a QR code to access a website to fill in an online form and print off a label. Absolute joke. Turned what should have been 10 minute job into 40 minutes. I hate useless technology.

Then, the third package I couldn’t even send because “no planes going to Spain” which I assume is because of the coronavirus. While most of the rest of the world is up and running, Taiwan is still faffing around with limited postal service and masks and quarantines for what is a flu.

I’ve got to go there tomorrow to send it as some sort of parcel. Stupid–why couldn’t I do all the crap registering it and what nott oday, and they just op it in the basket for tomorrow. Rather than waste even more of my time.

Shambles

I’ve always hated Taiwan Post Office. The postmen are bone idle too, ring the bell and they’re literally already walking away before I even reach the buzzer to let them in.

8 Likes

For some countries they still do not have the cheaper EMS option. Only DHL or FEDEX. Should be normalized already but Taiwan is special as you said.

1 Like

I have a craving now for a milkshake. Like honest to goodness chocolate milkshake with cream on top. McD should have it, right? Pos no. :sob:

1 Like
1 Like

Damn you have high standards! Compared to Canada Post, the folks here in Taiwan are utterly brilliant.

The useless tech stuff though . . .

Guy

1 Like

KGB Burger, near Taipower Building Station, right on the Green Line, just for you!

Peanut butter shake. Thank me later. :grin:

Guy

5 Likes

Please tell me you know of some place in Taichung…

Man Cave Burger, near Zhongshan Elementary School Station, right on the Orange Line, just for you!

Salted caramel apple milkshake. Thank me later.:grin:

3 Likes

Oldie’s Burger, near Taipei Main Station, right at the middle of the damn transportation system, just fke you!

Chocolate peanut butter milkshake and a mac n cheese bacon burger. Thank me later :smile:

4 Likes

That sounds like a carb-laden express lane to cardiac arrest!

Guy

2 Likes

I do not.

It’s possible that all the fun milkshake places were shut down when Jason Hu was mayor. :neutral_face:

Guy

The best kind of burger. Ask Elvis.

1 Like

Everyone above is assuming everyone else lives in Taipei.

Definitely a whack thing that’s common on this forum.

3 Likes

Still better than people visiting Taiwan and making a video or blog about “Taiwan” having great public transportation. Easiest way to know they’ve only been to Taipei or spent most of their time in Taipei, which to be fair if you’re spending a short time in one or two cities the MRT just makes things so much easier, just would be better to say specifically Taipei instead of “Taiwan”

5 Likes

Icon was asking about milkshakes. She lives in Taipei (county). She got recommendations for Taipei. The only wack thing is you commenting on that.

5 Likes

I get how annoying Taipei-centrism can be. But @Icon has done this:

38.6k posts created

After that many posts, some of us have figured out the basic direction of her daily commute. :grin:

EDIT: Plus what jimi said.

Guy

5 Likes

Not only visitors.
Taiwan Plus recently released a series called “Live from Taiwan” but they never leave Taipei… :idunno:

2 Likes