Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

God bless this angel.

4 Likes

Shoot me a link to the video. I need this when I get old and infirm in the next couple years! Awesome!

It’s already wack that anyone would have a BBQ on the riverbank during typhoon weather. But then, there’s another group right beside them that has to be shouted at to leave.

1 Like

Brutal—it’s such a bad idea. Also posted (by moi) in the Typhoon 2022 thread. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Like one of the sweetest caring thing anyone has ever done for an old man.

1 Like

Ok, so, business idea: old folks home for furriners with monthly performances, music discussion groups and VR experience.

3 Likes

For those who like to get the old heart racing, you can consider setting up an IP subforum. :upside_down_face:

Guy

2 Likes

That would be allowed on Boxing Night. And I do not mean after Christmas. I mean the one you need gloves for.

2 Likes
1 Like

The news article I read has the group leader saying no problem as they have much experience and knew where to set up their stuff.

1 Like

From the article:

They said there was also a more sedate game of bingo in the nursing hall, where the pensioners enjoyed eating mooncakes together.

I’m sure the residents just loved bingo and mooncakes over the strippers :roll:

3 Likes

Really getting fed up with Taiwan’s fucking around with covid. Sick of having to wear a mask everywhere. Sick of being stuck here. Sick of the no end in sight for the lifting of the pointless restrictions.

Like–I know the current restrictions aren’t TOO bad–three in a hotel, four self-monitoring. Fine. I can handle that. But it’s the “needing a negative test 2 days before your flight” and being tested at the airport. It just seems so easy to turn your holiday into a complete faff because you need to take a test.

I assume if you test positive, you can’t fly? Which means I’ll be stuck in lumber. And I assume if you test positiv at the airport, so much for self-monitoring at home.

1 Like

Oh I thought they recently did away with that? :thinking:

Yeah I agree it’s all annoying. Assuming things will open up soon…

1 Like

I was under the impression they did too?!

If anyone knows then please post a link, my flight is in 2 days!

Has that gone?

Last I heard about it was June’s update.

" Although the quarantine period is being reduced, travelers from abroad will be still be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within two days prior to their flight at the airport before they start their journey.

Upon arriving in Taiwan, they will have to take a saliva-based COVID-19 test and will be given two free rapid antigen tests before heading to their quarantine location."

I can’t see any mention of it changing in the article about September’s changes. If that definitely has gone, that’s a relief. But there’s still the test upon arrival which could muck things up

Nope, no PCR or other test needed before entering Taiwan now. Just did so last week

5 Likes

July 16th I came back to Taiwan and did not need a test before getting on the airplane.

Posted the departure info and arrival experience here somewhere in a Covid thread but definitely not in the whack things thread.

1 Like

How about to leave Taiwan?

Sorry, but I could only find an article for inbound and not outbound travellers.

To keep it on-topic: opaque Covid testing policies and rules are whack :laughing:

3 Likes

Glad to hear that’s been removed. What’s the deal if you test positive with the airport test? Are you then carted off to a quarantine hotel, or even if sent home, do you have to do 2 weeks qaurantine at home from that date?

Because honestly, that’s a big concern too. I couldn’t cope with it again. Especialyl since if they did the test at the airport, I’d be on the man’s radar, so I couldn’t just blow it off.

It happened to my friend lately and he got moved from his quarantine hotel to a government quarantine hotel. Not sure what happens if you’re at home, I was worried about that myself.

2 Likes