Wafa Sultan: my new hero

[quote] Host: I understand from your words that what is happening today is a clash between the culture of the West, and the backwardness and ignorance of the Muslims?

Wafa Sultan: Yes, that is what I mean.

[...]

Wafa Sultan: My colleague has said that he never offends other people

err … you quoted her saying that she’s not a Muslim. Perhaps you meant:
“Finally an American with big enough balls to talk straight to the dingdongs.”
:laughing:

Wow! Regardless of her ethnicity, what a debate! She pins that sucker to the floor and never lets him up.

I suppose a fatwa’s already been announced?

HG

:laughing:[/quote]

That is very true. how about an Arab? Arabspeaking person?

Very good point, as she says she’s not religious at all.

jdsubmits :slight_smile:

[i]And[/i] a woman…oh boy… :smiling_imp:

Frighteningly powerful stuff. Simply powerful.

Add her to my list on the People I Admire thread.

Wafa Sultan shows real courage standing up to religious extremism on its home turf. The irony is she’s probably regarded as the Cindy Sheehan of the Middle East.

:laughing:[/quote]

You could say she is an Arab American…Islam is a religion…Arab is an ethnicity. Not all Arabs are Muslim…For example, many Arabs in Lebanon are Christian…If she does not follow Islam, then she is not a Muslim.

Anyways, she should definitely be commended :bravo:

Unfortunately for her, Muslims (like Catholics) are not allowed to stop being Muslims.

Whereas the Catholic Church simply ignores the wishes of those who want to leave, Muslims tend to be a little more strict i.e. claiming the right to kill heretics.

A very brave lady indeed, and deserving of support.

OTOH, Dr. al-Khouli has every right to call Christians and Jews (andother non-believers) “those who have gone astray” and “those who incur Allah’s wrath”- I’m sure the fundementalist believers on all sides heartilty reciprocate.

The death threats didn’t take long:

[quote]
LOS ANGELES, March 10

This woman is all over the blognewsworld.

Check out an interview she did in Israel:[quote]

Wafa Sultan joins Tovia in her First English Language Interview
14:25 Mar 10, '06 / 10 Adar 5766

A7 Radio's "The Tovia Singer Show"

Dr. Wafa Sultan joins Tovia in her First English Language Interview after she Slammed Islam on Al Jazeera
Syrian born psychiatrist, Dr. Wafa Sultan, who recently rebuked the Arab world on Al Jezeera, expresses her new-found affection for the Jewish people and hope for the future. Aaron Klein, Jerusalem Bureau Chief for WorldNetDaily.com, exposes Iran’s sinister work in Israel.[/quote]

israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=100009

The entire original

Aqoul: Wafa Sultan: Bigger, Longer, Uncut - The Full Sultan Jazeera Transcriptw from al-Jazera:

aqoul.com/archives/2006/03/a … _trans.php