Wakeboarding

Does anyone know where I can wakeboard in Taipei? :slight_smile:

Isn’t that illegal torture? Oh no … wait that’s waterboarding :smiley:

There are a few boats doing on it a 1km long man-made canal in Luzhou, Xinbei City. The canal is also used for other water sports and there’s a nice sports park surrounding it.

I asked the one boat a while ago and the guy said 1200 per person for a whole day if you can get a group together.

It’s called the Weifeng Canal and it’s on the Luzhou side of the Chenlu Bridge (going from Luzhou to Wugu/Bali). Takes about 10 minutes to get there from Taipei main by car on the #64 freeway and about 10 minutes walk from Luzhou mrt station.

Haha yeah, it is wakeboarding - not a torture. Pretty fun if the water is calm. :discodance:

I must check out the canal near Luzhou station. Just wondering if we have to bring our own board or they have board rental etc :ponder:

Thank you so much for the pointers! :notworthy:

I was there yesterday in order to play windsurf (but I could not because it must book on Internet before)
And there were also some people playing wakeboard : if I well remember, it was about 1,300 TWD for one day or 600 TWD for a quarter of an hour. And I think that the board is included.
They are here every week end and some days in the week (but I do not remember which ones).

Note : for a day-rental, you have to share the boat with a ten of people.

Do you know if I need to book online too for the wakeboard?
Any idea which is the link that I should visit? :wink:

I do not know if this place “ES Wake School” is the same as the one that practices in the canal near Luzhou.
eswake.com/

I’m interested in more information/options/reviews if anyone has them. Just looking to wakeboarding for fun-- not interested in lessons.

[quote=“globalgourmand”]I do not know if this place “ES Wake School” is the same as the one that practices in the canal near Luzhou.
eswake.com/

I’m interested in more information/options/reviews if anyone has them. Just looking to wakeboarding for fun-- not interested in lessons.[/quote]

The place at the canal near Luzhou has a shop front made out of a shipping container, under the freeway bridge from memory. You can probably find them on FB. The boat they have there is a Malibu, which is booked out to groups most weekends.

Not sure about ES Wake School, maybe you should drop them an email.

Wakeboard spot on river near Shilin.

嘻嘻哈哈滑水學校 Shilin
https://goo.gl/maps/G1cLTYXxr1hWKj277

Can wakeboard here on lake Luzhou/Wufu.

Flying Fish Waterskiing Club
https://goo.gl/maps/XR5usJVzMLgHKr79A

Wakeboard out of this place near Bali across from Danshui.
大舟遊艇股份有限公司TC YACHT
https://goo.gl/maps/ArrVqvDFex6JpWCJ9

Does any of these places offer classes too?

Are there still waterskiing places around the greater Taipei area?

Flying Fish Waterskiing Club (飛魚滑水俱樂部) is active on FB, so it should be still going on over there in Luzhou.

1 Like

Lotus WakePark 蓮潭滑水主題樂園

In Kaohsiung. Children did it 2 summers ago. Will likely do it again.
Quite fun for them.

1 Like

I can’t figure out how to contact them. I searched on Google and saw no number. I searched in FB and again no number and no way to even message them. Hmmm.

Just send them a message on Facebook? Btw, I don’t know them, I just remembered there was waterskiing there.

1 Like