Walking between A1 Taipei Main and BL12 Taipei Main

In terms of managing a meeting, a little bit of usage. In terms of walking, none whatsoever unless you change crisp to Crips. He already said he meant brisk/briskly, which makes sense.

??? No, “walk crisply” turns up plenty of usage. “Crisply” has a definition “in a brisk manner”, so hardly surprising.

We must have different Googles. Mine turns up Crip walking, Walker’s Crisps, and if you dig deeply enough the occasional mistaking of crisp/crisply of brisk/briskly (which is how I was able to guess that might have been the writer’s intent here though I’d never seen anyone do that before) such as this: "briskly" vs "crisply" - EnglishClub ESL Forums

It seems I may be vindicated. I think this usage makes sense, and Cambridge agrees. :rofl:

crisply adverb (QUICK)

in a way that is quick, confident, and effective

Source: CRISPLY | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Guy

1 Like

We must; I see loads of people using it.

I get “about 788” results (cf. 380,000 for “walk briskly”), although Google only shows 66 of those on 7 pages before running out, of which @afterspivak’s post yesterday is on the second page. Some of them appear to be slightly different usage as well, and another is someone on a forum saying that “‘walk crisply’ is meaningless” lol.

Definitely doesn’t seem to be standard.

Forumosa: changing usage, one post at a time. :rofl:

Guy

Yeah, maybe you should go through the search results and see how many of those are yours. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not the most idiomatic, no, but I see plenty of examples of people using it, it’s correct according to standard definitions of the words, and it was clearly understandable to me.

I actually saw that, ridiculous right?