Walking between A1 Taipei Main and BL12 Taipei Main

I find I often come to Forumosa to find answers to stupid questions that I cant find the answer to on Google.

I am planning a tight journey, and would like to know the rough amount of time it takes to walk between the Taoyuan airport metro Taipei Main Station (A1) and the Taipei metro Taipei Main Station blue line (BL12). I remember doing this before and getting lost, so can’t remember how long it actually took or was supposed to take.

Anyone do this transfer often?

2 Likes

Will you be unencumbered? Do you walk crisply? Do you have an Easy Card?

If the answer to these questions is “yes,” you can easily make it in ten minutes. If not, perhaps twelve to fifteen.

Guy

3 Likes

Yes, yes and yes. Thank you

1 Like

Just remember when you are the Taoyuan MRT, the transfer direction is toward the front of the train (i.e. pointing east as it heads into Taipei Main). Stay underground, and follow the signs to the Blue Line.

Guy

2 Likes

Yeah basically you want to walk through the tunnel to Main Station and then keep walking straight through that level (B1) allllll the way to the end.

But don’t go down into the Red Line pit! That’ll connect eventually too, but it’d be a complex unnecessary detour.

Guy

1 Like

Yeah, I have no idea what I’m talking about actually :slight_smile: Listen to @afterspivak and follow the signs

3 Likes

There is a shorter walk though - assuming you will eventually travel on the Blue Line.

Go the other way when you exit the Airport MRT - towards Beimen on the Green line, only a 5 min walk. Then take the Green Line from Beimen to Ximen and change to the Blue Line !!

2 Likes

I’d estimate that for a crisp walking, unencumbered person, that would save about 3-4 minutes of walking—but then you’d add the wait for the Green line, and the transfer at Ximen . . . I’d probably recommend this only for people who really dislike walking or move with difficulty.

Guy

Why not just take a taxi?

When I do this with luggage, I allow 15 minutes. It actually takes slightly less. At a brisk walk or with a little jogging you could easily do it in less than 10.

There’s people go missing in the main station labyrinth and emerge days later dazed and confused but also well fed on Japanese donuts and Calpis for some reason. Murakami may or may not be writing a book on the phenomenon. #inklings

6 Likes

Is this actually a term in some English speaking corner of the world? Google turns up nothing. Are you trying to say brisk?

3 Likes

I was wondering the same! It seemed…odd to me.

1 Like

That’s me. As long as I stumble on the ladies making fresh stuffed mochi, I’m good!

1 Like

Yes! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

I actually googled “crisp walking” to see if it was a thing. Among the top results were “Crip walk” which is apparently a gang thing in the US, and “Walker’s Crisps” which are apparently UK’s version of Lay’s Potato Chips.

1 Like

I figured if one could manage a meeting crisply, one could also stride from A to B in a similar manner. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of that, either, but at least that one gives me some google results to work with!

1 Like

A Google search turns up loads of usage.