Want Okonomiyaki and Bibimbap

Can anyone tell me where a tasty place to eat Japanese Okonomiyaki or Korean Bibimbap is? (hopefully near an MRT stop, because I can’t navigate) I have had Bibimbap at the food court in 101, and it was good, but I want to try something new. Also, is there such thing as all you can eat sushi in Taiwan?

I’ve had Okonomiyaki a few times at a place just near Zhongxiao Dunhua MRT. I’m no expert but it tasted pretty good to me.
Not sure of the address but it’s not hard to find. From Zhongxiao Dunhua corner where the bakery is, head west along Zhongxiao a short distance until you get to an open area with the MRT entrance. Cross that diagonally and you’ll get to a little lane and it’s just down there on the right.
I saw a post on the very useful Hungry Girl blog about a good Korean restaurant that I plan to visit one of these days.
hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/2008 … happy.html
Have a look around her site as she’ll undoubtedly have found a few other good Korean and Japanese places.

Not seen any all you can eat Sushi places, but Sushi express is quite affordable at NT$30 a plate and the quality in general seems to be very good for the price.

You can find bibimbap in many of the department store food courts. Breeze, 101 and Shinkong Mitsukoshi all have it. Then there’s the Korean restaurant in that string of eateries underneath the Caesar Park Hotel by the Taipei Main Station MRT station. It’s called Maciso, or something like that.

Shin Yeh on Guanqian Road has all-you-can-eat Japanese food, including sushi and sashimi.

I know the Okonomiyaki place mentioned above: it’s on Lane 83, Da-An Road Sec. 1 (an alley southwest of the Zhongxiao Dunhua intersection).

Excellent info! Thanks so much all!

At Breeze you can get it with frim fram sauce, ausen fay and chafafa on the side. :lick:

There’s a pretty good Okonomiyaki place in Rao He Night Market, closer to the temple end than the Bade Rd end.

I totally re-recommend the bimbimbap at Happy Korean (the review posted by Stevegan) above… did you ever make it there?

No. 1, Lane 99, Xin Yi Road, Sec 3

It’s near AIT, but I’m not sure if there’s a MRT near there…

The bimbimbap at Fuxing Sogo is not bad either. i like how you can customize it with your own sides/kimchee

No idea if the original poster is even still around, but near Zhongshan MRT station there’s a restaurant that does a number of different okonomiyaki. It’s in the basement of one of the department stores - Mitsukoshi?

The restaurant is called “Ten 屋”; website: tenya.com.tw

But the website is ugly.

Two addresses: 台北市南京西路14號B1, and 台北市忠孝東路三段300號B2. (That second one is probably some department store basement as well.)

I’ve been there once - they’re trying to make the experience a bit higher-end than it’s supposed to be, but the food tasted good.

I just ate at a Japanese place last night in ShiDa night market area where they had delicious okonomiyaki. It is called Showa, but the Chinese characters are 笶和 “shi he”. It is near Taipower Building exit #3 MRT station.

It is located at #9, Lane 75, Yunhe St…right around the corner from Mary Jane Pizza on Taishun St.

[quote=“lc89”]I just ate at a Japanese place last night in Shi-Da night market area where they had delicious okonomiyaki. It is called Showa, but the Chinese characters are 笶和 “shi he”. It is near Taipower Building exit #3 MRT station.

It is located at #9, Lane 75, Yunhe St…right around the corner from Mary Jane Pizza on Taishun St.[/quote]

Real deal?

^Yes. The chef is Japanese.