***WARNING*** Current travel tonight 1/30

I just got a text message from Juba saying that the planes at CKS are grounded, and that driving on the freeway is dangerous! All Due to Fog conditions.

I hope that anyone travelling will see this message before venturing out.

Be safe everyone

Huh? Sky is the clearest I’ve ever seen it here in Muzha.

Strange.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Huh? Sky is the clearest I’ve ever seen it here in Muzha.

Strange.[/quote]

Same here in Yong He. But juba isn’t one to play around.

Pea souper down here in sunny Wuqi. Viz is like 5 yards or something. Drunk drivers abound. 110kph on the Kang Road. Cowboy style. Scary shit. So thick the cameras aren’t working so its a free for all.

Clearest night I’ve ever seen in Taipei. I can see from Xin Dian to Yangmingshan from my balcony.

It is incredibly, beautifully clear this evening. Are you sure Juba’s glasses aren’t steamed up or something?

Juba texted me from CKS. So, I don’t think it’s a joke

He just figured out now that the roads in Taiwan are dangerous? And that is because people have “fog conditions?”:bravo:

This is good adivice 24/7, everyday dear. :unamused:

I live at the fogiest place in Taiwan - it was weird last night. foggy as hell on the Yangmei side, clear and very beautiful on the Longtan side?!?

The fog rolls in from the sea, just like in San Francisco.

Last night, I was leaving the new Eslite near Taipei 101: fine, even warm weather, sky absolutely clear.

40 minutes later, arrive in Tamshui: at least five degrees colder, and fog so thick I couldn’t see the skyscraper next to my own place.

And the weather’s still like that this morning, TV is reporting more delays from CKS.

[quote=“Namahottie”]I just got a text message from Juba saying that the planes at CKS are grounded, and that driving on the freeway is dangerous! All Due to Fog conditions.

I hope that anyone travelling will see this message before venturing out.

Be safe everyone[/quote]

I drove up from Kenting between 7pm and midnight. It was really foggy from Taichung up to XhinJu on the 3 highway.

Drivers here put their flashers/ harard lights on in the fog. I guess it is a good thing. Really annoying though to have a freeway full of flashing lights.

We were in Danshui last night, and fog rolled in just before sunset; there was absolutely no sunset to see – none! Pretty soon, we couldn’t even see the water from the pier. It made the atmosphere of the dockside night market pretty special, as there’s something mystical about fog.

Probably better than No Lights, which was probably the “tails” option… :frowning:

Thanks a lot Namahottie for promptly posting my fog warning, as I was in the airport departure lounge so I couldn’t go on line. Taoyuan was very foggy last night. I checked in around 1930 for a 2130 flight. The airport was closed at 2000 and our flight was delayed for a long time and finally cancelled at around 2300. My girlfriend was on the freeway driving back to Taibei and she said visibility was very poor.

Taiwan’s freeways are scary at the best of times. I really wouldn’t want to be out there on such a foggy night.

It was great – you can’t see anyone else, so you can just drive at 130kph and pretend you have the road all to yourself. That’s what I did, at least. Plus, the speed cameras can’t cope with the reflection off the fog if it’s very thick.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Huh? Sky is the clearest I’ve ever seen it here in Muzha.

Strange.[/quote]
When Mucha_Man, myself and our spouses were admiring the spectacular, crystal clear views from the Maokong teahouses, we could see, in the distance, thick fog rolling in from Danshui.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“Stray Dog”]Huh? Sky is the clearest I’ve ever seen it here in Muzha.

Strange.[/quote]
When Mucha_Man, myself and our spouses were admiring the spectacular, crystal clear views from the Maokong teahouses, we could see, in the distance, thick fog rolling in from Danshui.[/quote]

Now we know for certain that it wasn’t air pollution. And yes, what a sky that was my friend.