WARNING! -- Dont Watch MEMENTO on VCD

That would be great if it’s true, Laowai – except that it would mean there must be 2 different versions of the region 5 DVD! Do you think you could get the blockbuster staff to play the beginning of the DVD on their inhouse machine so that you could check if it really is the original version or not?
(Please refer to earlier posts on how to tell the original from the chronological version.)

~ mmmmmm-mmmm-mmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmm !!!

If the version available in the rental shops says that it is the “director’s cut”, then that means it is the really correct version, right? That means all the guys above who were claiming that the correct version was the one that was shown in the cinemas are actually wrong about which version is the correct version…

I hope you realize something about the american studios: when they release movies to the cinemas, they often force the director to rearrange, delete and do all kinds of stuff to make it fit the studio standards and all that… Of course, that often means shortening the length of a movie, or deleting racy scenes, etc… It seems that plenty of blood and guts is fine for the kids, but showing life, sex, sensitive converse… Well, that’s all passed now… They don’t write movies anymore, they process a few ideas into some stylized scenes… It’s all too easy for me… When I meet a woman, I want her to be able to talk to me about life, brother…

Uh oh. Popo ran out of lithium again!

mmmmmmm-mmmmm-mmmm-mmm-mmm-mmmmm

quote:
Originally posted by popo: If I want to get laid, I will get laid, you crappy donut brain loser shyte...

Don’t hold back…tell how you really feel.

Hmmm, so I suppose that offer of a beer’s been withdrawn, then? Stay away from the whores, Popo – syphilis rots the brain, don’t you know?

not withdrawn, but it will have to be bought at an undisclosed location. i’ve never slept with a whore… But I may be left with no more recourse after my little ***** leaves next week… I’ve got lots of condoms… I suppose I could rape one of the office girls in the parking lot, they go home so late at night, it’s always really dark. Easier than getting them to go home in a civil way…

You ought to know, there are plenty of free-loving stewardesses and pros coming and going, all those lovelies who work in Sogo and all the other department stores… If only you could get them detached from their dumb mommies and daddies, and go out instead of sitting in traffic jams or watching tv… Taiwan could be a paradise…

Like I say, if we go out for a beer, we better keep the location a secret…

p u s s y is a bad word? (See above, “after my little p u s s y leaves…”

weird software on girls who don’t know how to talk or give head, ha, ahaaahhahahhhaa

it’s funny how you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to this film and yet you don’t let that stop you from using that nothing as ammunition to bash the american media.

http://www.otnemem.com/

do you have any idea why “memento” is spelled backwards in the official website for the movie?

and i’m not quite sure what the point of software censoring is when posts describing someone’s sexual fantasies about raping ol’s get through…

flipper, I was merely offering an alternative interpretation of the subthemes of the movie… Perhaps my sincerity was put-on, and maybe I was only spoofing the idea of cinematic interpretation. Even so, I’ve seen movies you will never see, Flipper: “400 blows”, “bout de soufle”, “la roue”, “la notte.” Show me up, I don’t care. Ryder stole purses to reveal her “persecution complex” – how about that for an “interpretation” ?

Censor me all you want… But I know that because I am an intellectual, with a very insistent mind of my own – they don’t want me to be as free as you… I won’t be safe until I’m dead, like Dante, Milton and all the rest of history’s dangerous crazies… I speak what I feel and do not hesitate to tell you what’s going on my man… If I feel oppressed, it is because I am oppressed… I know what I have been through Flipper, and I know a lot more about movies than you ever will…

but you americans just wanna dumb-down, dumb-down, dumb-down… Go ahead, you are good at’t…

pppppooopppooo

quote[quote] I've seen movies you will never see, Flipper: "400 blows", "bout de soufle", "la roue", "la notte." [/quote]

Oooh, you did FILM 101 then?

Bri

Popo darling. We all agree that you are the most intellectual boy in the whole wide world. ~sigh~ Why don’t you go tell the nice children next door how smart you are and how much you know about everything. Right now it’s time for the grown-ups to talk and if you want to stay at the grown-up’s table you have to sit nicely, be quiet, and stop playing with your food. Oh and dear? Don’t make bubbles with your chocolate milk. It’s unbecoming.

Bu: I used to live next door to the cinemateque in montreal, only 2.00 a movie, and i have seen so many obscure movies, i can’t remember them all now…

maoman: thank you, I will do my best to be a good boy… I will try to grow up, but feel – incapable. I give up.

so are we all allowed to make off-putting offensive remarks on the moderated parts of the forum now if we follow it up with sanctimonious pseudo-intellectual drivel?

and i guess having seen more obscure foreign films than most people gives you some sort of credibility? i don’t know, if you can’t even figure out if you saw “momento” in the right order, i think that kinda negates the whole film snob thing. back to square one.

OK. Who cares about an obscure foreign “art” film. Let’s talk about REAL art. A friend of mine burned a copy of the Chu Mei-feng video for me a couple of nights ago. I’ve watched it about 16 times now and I must say it’s an excellent film. I mean, this woman is a real artist. She speaks to my soul but also to my mind. It’s really intellectual in that you can watch it either forwards or in reverse and still feel something “special”. You can tell she put alot of herself into this film…well, maybe not as much as the actor (whoever HE was!).
I think this is a wonderful film production for an amateur’s first production and I wish her all the luck in her new vocation. I definitely give her a “Straight Up!”

i’ve written novels, plays, poems and a travel book/CD ROM and all kinds of stories: tons of shit that will all be lost and forgotten, but I don’t care, it’s a pleasure to be creative: gives a sense of fulfillment…

Of course, nowadays, there are no independents, only schoolboys and government bureaucrats who call themselves “writers”… don’t know what I wrote. You don’t have to. So many dummies going about acting exactly the same as each other and pretending that behavior alone is equivalent to maturity. There are plenty of tight-ass concepts that we ALL use to keep each other in a numb-ass line.

Like: if you are not part of some sucker commercial system today, then you just don’t exist, ya, ya, I know… I don’t care… I am not interested in a university: just to be called a “real” intellectual? Come on. Since when has it become a crime to think for yourself? Since everything has been homogenized by the goddamn mass media. And even your cynicism is duplicated and I have heard so many people like you complain whenever somebody just tries to be themselves, and be expressive! If you don’t behave in just the right way, forget it. What a dull world I have to conform to! But I won’t bother. I’ll be free instead…

quote:
Originally posted by popo: I write and they won't publish. You don't know why and you never ever will know why ...

Ahem, given your output on these threads, I think a few of us here could probably hazard one or two guesses on that score, Popo.

Keep kicking against the pricks. I think you should put your creative juices to work on your day job (techy writing, isn’t it?) and let us see the results. That would really be putting your money where your mouth is and I’ll bet your boss would love it.

Good point: I like writing new things, anything new, including the techy stuff. The great thing is, we can work independently. Use the brain, too. But it’s all a temporary scenario. Like so many things in our modern world…

~ Whenever I look back at the stuff I write here, I get suspicious, that one ends up merely kicking at one’s own illusions, and wastes energy in consequence. It’s reaction against frustration about feeling robbed by oneself, the situation, luck of the draw, etc… So, what to do: plan and act. Save money and run off to write a few novels, and send them in. But now I want to build a house in the hills of Sri Lanka and then write.

Back to work! Well, maybe only for the next year and a half.