Was Prince Born?

Was Prince born or created in a Fender laboratory?

Here he is giving Slowhand Clapton a lesson on how it should have been done. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big Clapton and Beatles fan, but man, can Prince play that guitar…

Complete Video ‘https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWc4wMyL1oI

Ta

2 Likes

Theres a video of him at some awards show at the start of his career when he wasn’t so polished, so yea, there was a time when he wasn’t this good. If you can believe it.

James brown calls Michael Jackson on stage to do an on the spot perforance. Pedo jackson, already doing this thing for 20 years at this point nails it without breaking a sweat.

He then has a bright idea, to bring Prince on the stage to do his own performance, knowing full well he is going to flop. So James brown acquiesces and summons prince to the stage. Prince bombed so bad he apparently used to obsess over it, rewatching the tape countless times and holding a grudge over the King of Kids his whole career.

That ain’t music. Now THIS is music. :slight_smile:

In all seriousness though, I always liked him as a guitar player but found his music boring. He was on MTV way too much back in the 80s.

For me and many others he was the modern Mozart. Luckily his stuff more and more is published on YT.
Montreux 2013 Show 3 is probably his best gig ever.
On contrast gigs 1 and 2 show his whole variety in music genres, what a genius !!!

1 Like

Is that Tom Petty on stage with him? RIP both.

Prince is the greatest musical genius of last 50 years IMO

Did he just made the guitar fly at the end?