Washington DC Council Approves Medical Marijuana

IT HAS BEGUN!

Ladies and gentlemen, will somebody please cue the Hallelujah Choir!!! Hometown finally startin’ to come to its senses and get it right!

[quote=“The Always Lovely Washington Post”]The District’s measure, like those elsewhere, specifies certain conditions and illnesses that qualify for medical marijuana. A patient who has HIV, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, cancer or a chronic debilitating condition will be able to receive a doctor’s recommendation to possess up to four ounces in a 30-day period.

Unlike in many states, the District law would not allow patients and caregivers to grow their own marijuana, at least initially; an advisory committee would later decide whether to permit cultivation. Until then, patients could only acquire the drug illegally or from five to eight government-regulated dispensaries.[/quote]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/04/AR2010050405305.html?hpid=newswell

Like those Guinness commercials in the US used to say so succinctly: Brilliant!

It’s enough to make you sick.

Dude, you’re cutting my buzz, man. You’re being very un-Dude. This is a celebration! There’s a party in my pants right now!

I think I have glaucuoma.

If anyone uh needs anything on my next trip to the US next month ahhhh yeah just fire off a PM and I’ll see how much I can stuff into my rectum for 23 hours.

:thumbsup:

dude

un-dude