Watching Sports on Taiwanese TV Channels

Warning: This is a rant.

Taiwanese Sports Channels suck. I’ve been watching Euro 2020 on Eleven Sports and Roland Garros/Wimbledon on SportCast and my viewing experience has been nothing short of absolute shit.

• ADS, ADS and MORE ADS: The broadcast cuts to an advertisement as soon as a game ending point is completed. Sometimes a player will challenge but the broadcast will cut to an ad before we can see the final result. I’m also regularly unable to see a player’s reaction after some big points. Sometimes the ads will go on too long and you will miss half of a point. They won’t even wait for those extra five seconds… Same with the football games. Unable to see player’s reactions after a match ends.

• WEIRD GRAPHICS: Eleven Sports had no scoreboard for the first week of Euro 2020, and once they added a scoreboard it often showed the wrong scoreline. Plus, the broadcast is 720p (not even 1080p)?

I know these are 0th world problems, but just wanted to vent here because I have nothing better to do in quarantine.

4 Likes

Rant away! I’m curious: Do they also play all of those weird sound effects in sports broadcasts like they do on the inane talk and panel shows?

1 Like

Ya sorry man…being a canadian and a hockey fan, since i moved here i fast learned internet is the only way. streaming is easy now.

I havent had a cable/mod/whatever connection for over 15 years. The tv channels are horrendous. Even discovery channel and national geographic have gone for shit. Cant stand it.

3 Likes

So you can see the Hockey finals live? and I guess you want Canada to win over the USA?

Live is trickier. I dont mind watching games later when i have time. im not that guy that wakes up at 4 am to see a game hehe.

And yes, Canada…

1 Like