WCIF a SCUBA Dive Equipment shop in Taipei?

Wondering if anyone knows any places in Taipei that sell dive equipment, like suits, snorkels, etc. Birthday’s tomorrow, so I’d love to buy myself a wetsuit for my upcoming trip to the Phils! Thanks in advance!

Also, just in case it wasn’t obvious, I meant for Scuba Diving!

There used to be one next to the aquarium shops on Min2quan2 E. Rd., just before you hit the Minquan Bridge heading east. No idea whether it’s still there. There are some divers in the forum, so you’ll probably get some better answers shortly.

There is a lane off of the Northwest corner of the Keelung (Jilong) and Ba De intersection, it’s called Bao Qing Street, runs between Nanjing and Ba De and the scuba shop is on the west side of the street closer to Ba De - well, it used to be there anyway - I think the manager or owner’s name was Philip, speaks English near-perfect and can get whatever you want at a decent price - he can also hook you up with a group if you’re looking for one.

I have seen dive shops all over the place. They seem to be scattered rather than focused on one “street” like many other things in Taiwan (though I could be wrong with this).

The one on Minquan East road, beside the Neihu bridge (just about half a block west of the bridge on the south side), is still there, and they definitely have a good selection of wetsuits.

There is also a Mares dealer shop just a block or so from there on Tayou road. I bought a set of boots there as well as some prescription glass for my wife’s mask and the prices were great. It is just north of the intersection with Minsheng east road.

I have also found a dive shop close to the Shida/Taida area if that is more convenient for you. It is on the beginning of Xinhai road, right close to Tingzhou road. If you take the MRT, it is close (1 min walk) to the Taipower Building station exit 1.

Hope this is of help. I know of some other shops in XiZhi, etc., if you are interested in that area.

Thanks for all the help, ya’ll! Now it comes down to the finding it on all these places! You’ve all been so helpful, but if anyone would mind sending me the Google Maps coordinates on some of these, I could better navigate my way there. And if not, that’s ok, too. Thanks again!

you can get a custom made wetsuit here…They don’t often do off the rack. If you are going to be diving in the Phillipines, you may want to consider something like a very thing Neoprene suit (like, .5mm) or some kind of lycra setup. The water should be pretty warm, and you really need it more for keeping the microscopic stingies off of your skin more than thermal protection.

However, if you plan to dive locally, you should get yourself a full 3mm suit.

I don’t know how to do coordinates too well with Google Maps, but this link will show you Bao Ning Street on the right side heading away, and the scuba shop is on the left side up that street. I got my custom wetsuit for about 10k or 12k can’t remember, the guy is knowledgeable.

Hope it helps

[quote=“MJB”]you can get a custom made wetsuit here…They don’t often do off the rack. If you are going to be diving in the Phillipines, you may want to consider something like a very thing Neoprene suit (like, .5mm) or some kind of lycra setup. The water should be pretty warm, and you really need it more for keeping the microscopic stingies off of your skin more than thermal protection.

However, if you plan to dive locally, you should get yourself a full 3mm suit.[/quote]

Amazing! That’d be awesome. Custom would be great. I agree on the .5 suit probably doing it, but I’d rather have a 3 JUST to use in the future, too. Where to go for that?

I don’t know how to do coordinates too well with Google Maps, but this link will show you Bao Ning Street on the right side heading away, and the scuba shop is on the left side up that street. I got my custom wetsuit for about 10k or 12k can’t remember, the guy is knowledgeable.

Hope it helps[/quote]

Thanks so much! I’d heard of that place and was thinking of venturing out today.

BTW, to get the coordinates, right click (or CTRL-click on a map) and click “What’s here”. I like doing that for posting directions. Future reference :slight_smile: