WCIF A TSA Lock

I’m trying to find a TSA lock, specifically a padlock. Anybody know where I can buy one in Taipei?

All travel and camping stores have them, there is a cluster down Zhongshan road and Zhongshiao that carry them.

You do know that its a complete waste of money, right?
With a simple pen you can poke the zippered line and open up the luggage… then just take the two zippers all luggage comes with and scroll over the opening very fast and its resealed you wouldn’t know anyone was in your bag.

US customs has the habit of breaking any kind of lock that is not TSA. They claim that if they cannot open it, they will reserve the right to break it to inspect the contents. They say.

So we buy the TSA approved with the fake illusion of safety and being compliant with “the law”.

[quote=“Icon”]US customs has the habit of breaking any kind of lock that is not TSA. They claim that if they cannot open it, they will reserve the right to break it to inspect the contents. They say.

So we buy the TSA approved with the fake illusion of safety and being compliant with “the law”.[/quote]
I’ve had US inspectors break a couple of my TSA locks. :fume:

They’re only needed if you’re flying out of the “Land of the Free”. Anywhere else and you can use normal locks to try to stifle the pilfering hands the airlines love to hire.

I’ve had Chinese (PRC) break my non-TSA locks. Lock was missing when I got the suitcase. Don’t think anything was stolen though.

Found some at Hola / BnQ.

You are better off getting twist ties and just tie about three of them in a mess.