WCIF an acting agent or agency?

Hi. I’m looking for an agency that represents foreign actors here. I unfortunately jumped into a part of the island with absolutely no available auditions of any kind. After my contract with my employer ends, I want to move to a city with a somewhat bigger arts scene, where I can be enabled to engage in my favorite hobby. I’ve been in a dozen productions where I’m from; I just want the opportunity to audition and look for acting work at a semi-professional level. That’s possible to do here, right?

I would also appreciate it if anyone could let me know what sorts of roles typically become available to foreigners. How common are actual speaking roles? How good does your Mandarin need to be? I’ve been working on my mine since I got here, but I’m not sure that it’s “conversational” yet. I might have to leave the island in order to look for work, but I like it here. I’d like to stay if it’s possible.

Acting and/or modeling jobs come up from time to time on Taiwanted and TEALIT, classified under “jobs in other professions” or something like that. There are half a dozen agencies working in the field. Keep an eye on those job boards and you’ll find something eventually, but don’t expect it to pay the bills.

Hi there,
I’m a professional actor…could anyone out there maybe recommend a good agency, or agent for actors, especially in TV commercials…also, what advice if any would you give to an aspiring actor?
Thanks, and appreciated, James

[quote=“jamesmiller”]also, what advice if any would you give to an aspiring actor?
Thanks, and appreciated, James[/quote]

leave Taiwan

I second Deuces suggestion. If you want to get into that industry. Its booming EVERYWHERE around Taiwan, except in Taiwan itself. Try Malaysia, China, Korea. Have a look at Mandy.com.

Well now, is that a fair assessment, considering the recent spate of home-grown films (after a long hiatus)? And more in the pipeline, I hear. Besides, we can expect moves in toward integration of East Asian media now that cross-Strait ties are warming up. Who knows what opportunities that may bring.

Interesting post James. I’d also be interested in knowing which modelling/acting agencies are good in Taiwan.

I’m Taiwanese but I live in Sydney. Fluent in both mandarin and english.

Hi Dave, I’m also based in Sydney. I was wondering if you had any luck in finding an acting agent based in Taiwan. I already have an agent in Sydney but I am looking to do some work in Taiwan in the future.

I would be happy to share my experience with you. By Private Message. Due to the litigious nature of certain agencies, it’s less than wise to discuss things publicly. Do you research here as well as there are lots of discussions about the industry. Buyer beware.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I’m not sure how to send a private message. Could you send me your facebook/email instead? I would love to find out more about the acting industry in Taiwan!