WCIF bamboo poles

I’ve been doing a lot of tinkering lately and recently noticed that one of the shelves in my classroom was made by a student that lashed a bunch of bamboo together. I have a few projects in mind that it would fun to use bamboo to experiment with.

Bamboo grows everywhere here, but does anyone sell it? I thinking dried and, if possible, cut to specific lengths. Ideally near Taipei, since transport needs to be taken into consideration

Dunno about up norf, but around here literally tons of it washes up on beaches from the offshore oyster farming rafts. Seems to be seasonal, peaks around June-July IIRC

I think they maybe renew the rafts to cut down on parasites (a guess) or maybe to avoid the typhoon season, and just cut the old stuff loose. Lots of heavy monofilament fishing line with it for lashings

Its probably formally illegal to take it, but its just mushed up by bulldozer and burnt eventually.

the 五金行 next to me sells laminated bamboo sticks for hanging laundry. try going to one next to you and ask if they jave something similar.
cutting to size is possible.