WCIF BarBQ / barbecue / BBQ Grills?

Not only do I remember this grill from Costco, but it’s one of the ones I saw at the trade show.

Remember 11,000NT or so.

May 3rd? Sweet :sunglasses:

Thx Hobart. I can buy the same one here in Oz for around NT$9,000 and was considering just throwing it in the container with our other stuff.

For future reference, here is the number for the oven expert. If anyone needs their oven or gas rtange fixed or gas grill, this is the guy.

Mr. Wu (He doesn’t really speak much English).
0932-390-016
03-3972124
Taoyuan Guishan (He came to Sijhih for me so don’t worry, he will travel far).

He is super nice and very capable but he is so passionate about what he does, you can’t get him to stop talking about it. So be warned, he talks a lot.

This is the kind I like. I might call him over, even though I don’t actually have a gas grill. :wink:

My interest is piqued about that “made to specification” grill guy. I like to barbecue quite a bit also. I have one of those cheap B&Q jobs out by my back deck, conveniently close to the kitchen. It doesn’t get hot enough anymore, and those little butane bottles are frankly wasteful and annoying. My house runs on “city gas” so I don’t need bottle delivery for the hot water, stove, etc.

I was thinking about getting a grill made that will sit out back, that runs off my “city gas” line, with a hot pan and cover option. Sounds like this guy is the ticket.

What is the difference between the gas that gets delivered and the gas that comes from the line? And the gas that comes in the little cans?

MMM sauteed tenderloin with maple glaze, STEAKS! Stuffed peppers, Hot dogs!

gotta get on that!

Thanks for the gas man info! Much appreciated.

Where can I find one of those big stainless steel outdoor use gas grills? I purchased one from Costco years ago, but I already sold it when I moved to my new place in hopes of getting a replacement (I know I am crazy and should have kept my old one, but I had planned on importing a container full of new furniture from the USA and I could easily just put a new grill on there, but plans for a container were cancelled). I was too late to purchase another one from COSTCO as they recently sold out and the purchaser told me they won’t import any more this year, even for Zhong Qui Day (Chinese BarBQ day!) In the summer, I had no desire to purchase one as it is so damn hot in Taiwan, I didn’t want to be outside cooking over a fire even with a cold beer.

So there must be a place to purchase a nice gas grill. I know that most people in Taiwan do not have the space for this size of a grill and they don’t like to cook on a grill as often as Westerners, however, there must be someone else selling high-end gas grills besides COSTCO.

I know that B&Q sells grills, but they aren’t that high-end. There use a be a place that sold outdoor furniture and grills across the street the Barista building in Neihu. Are they still there? Anywhere else in Taiwan?

I have bought a BBQ … but can’t figure out where to buy gas. Delivered, preferably. Does someone have a phone number of where I can order BBQ gas delivered?

I guess any of your neighbors should be able to sort you. They are all over the place, and you see the blue trucks with gas bottles, or the moterbikes for that matter very often. Flag one of them down and ask for his namecard.

Hmmm … can’t say I’ve ever seen one but maybe not been looking. Still if anyone has a phone number please post it. Trying to get some gas in time for the weekend, it’s way too hot to cook indoors! :slight_smile:

Seriously, even if you don’t use cooking gas in your apartment, you’re definitely not far from, say, a noodle stall that uses canisters. Just pop in there with a pencil and take a look at their cylinders – the supplier’s phone number will be painted on it in bright red. It’s best to find the one nearest your place. The supplier will have all sizes of canister, not just the big commercial ones.

Thx Sandman. Someone at work also gave me this page, which seems pretty useful (it’s translatable by Google) for finding a local one. I just tried a # near my house and they said they will be here in 20 minutes. If there’s one thing you gotta love about Taiwan it’s the quality of service!
http://www.ed.taipei.gov.tw/cgi-bin/SM_theme?page=487ff5ac

I have a spare bottle on my balcony which still has some gas in it AFAIK; it got left there when they switched us to piped gas. Want it?