WCIF Dr. Pepper?

Codswallop! Blasphemy!

Huh! Since when?!?

[quote=ā€œEleguaā€]

Huh! Since when?!?[/quote]
You can find it sometimes. It comes in a plastic bottle that is smaller than the Coke. And itā€™s not Pepsi.

[quote=ā€œDr. McCoyā€][quote=ā€œEleguaā€]

Huh! Since when?!?[/quote]
You can find it sometimes. It comes in a plastic bottle that is smaller than the Coke. And itā€™s not Pepsi.[/quote]

Is it real RC? Not some simulacra? Does it taste the same? RC is the best cola of them all. Those bastards at coke with their monopolistic bottling practices try to keep it down.

They all taste the same to me. RC is less bubbly.

Got a reply and it seems that coke(wtf? :ohreally: ) distributes their drinks outside the US. Iā€™m hoping I get a response from them soon.

Many years ago, Dr. Pepper had a trial in Taiwan. It was called ā€œLeh Peiā€ and it was pretty close to the original, but I think it was a bit sweeter than the original. It didnā€™t catch on and they stopped trying to market it to the locals. I guess they might try again, as the local tastes have somewhat changed in the last few years.

In Taichung, Dr. Pepper is available at Fingaā€™s Home Base on zhongming road. Most Taichung people know about this place. Itā€™s not cheap, but if you buy a case and are a friendly regular, chances are they will give you a good discount.

I also have a friend who knows the company they get it from and can get a good deal. Itā€™s still way more expensive than Coca Cola, but if you are a ā€œPepperā€, then itā€™s worth it.

d

For all your Dr Pepper Fanatics just like me, you can get it at Wellmanā€™s up in Tienmu again. Finally, I asked the owner what happened, but she couldnā€™t explain to me why because of her limited English ability. Iā€™m just glad itā€™s back. I donā€™t know how much they have left after I bought a case. haha

Jasonā€™s also has it, for NT$35 a can

Carrefour is currently carrying a limited edition Spiderman Far from Home flavor for Dr. Pepper: Dark Berry, in a blue can.

Bought some. Not bad. I was expecting it would be too sweet, but there is just a hint of blackberry. Anyone else tried it yet?

1 Like