WCIF good cigars, Cubans, and tobacco shops?

Can somebody tell me where I can get my hands on some Cubans in Taipei or even better Yunghe? Thanks.

7-11 and that OK place sell big cigars…never seen Cubans though

don’t smoke, save money, stay alive

The Grand Hyatt has a store that sells ONLY Cuban cigars.
Smoke up a storm and have fun, then quit and save money and stay alive.

I saw some at the airport in the duty free shop. I even took a picture.

Here’s a more troublesome but probably cheaper alternate to the five-star hotels.

When Taiwan held the baseball world cup, the Cuban players brought boxes of cigars with them to sell. (Some of them even sold the shirts off their backs!)

IIRC, there’s a Cuban Little League team in Taiwan right now. It’s a safe bet that some people with the team brought cigars to sell. So go to a game or find out what hotel the team is staying in.

The LCDH I heard does not exist here anymore. Anyways, just wondering if there are any other fellow afficionados in Taipei? Taiwan? I am always up to enjoy a good cigar with a new friend. If any of you know where a good source to buy cuban cigars is please feel free to PM me or what not. It is not a total loss if there is no good places to buy here, I will just have to continue purchasing from overseas online.

Cheers,
Jeff

I don’t smoke cigars, but there’s a wine shop by the northwest corner of Fuxing S. Rd. & Civic Blvd. that sells cigars, including Cubans. It’s on Fuxing S. Rd., more or less opposite the Breeze Center, and it’s adjacent to a restaurant called Tasty.

I haven’t smoked a cigar in years, but I would like to smoke a Cuban just to see what the fuss is all about. Then I look at the price and say, “No way!”
How much would you pay for a Cuban cigar and why?

[quote=“Hwozdecki”]The LCDH I heard does not exist here anymore. Anyways, just wondering if there are any other fellow afficionados in Taipei? Taiwan? I am always up to enjoy a good cigar with a new friend. If any of you know where a good source to buy cuban cigars is please feel free to PM me or what not. It is not a total loss if there is no good places to buy here, I will just have to continue purchasing from overseas online.

Cheers,
Jeff[/quote]

The one in the Grand Hyatt?? Wow, I didn’t know that. I was there last year and picked up a few Mag 46’s and PSD4’s. They were pretty expensive, but our visits to Taiwan are about the only chance I have to get some Cubans.

I saw this one on the net, but never got a chance to visit:

SMOKER’S INN: “Operated by Mr. Max Hsu and Miss Ines Lin is located at No. 28 , Lane 199, Sec. 4, Hsin-yi Road in Taipei, Taiwan. Phone: (886-2)2707-0674-5 Fax: (886-2)2325-2206.”

[quote=“Richardm”]I haven’t smoked a cigar in years, but I would like to smoke a Cuban just to see what the fuss is all about.[/quote]In th 60’s the US imposed an embargo against Cuba, making it illegal for US citizens to import goods from Cuba - albeit their popularity amongst those from the States. Some crave what they can’t get.

previous Cuban cigar thread

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … uban#91530

I second “Smoker’s Inn”. Much better pricing than the Hyatt. They also have pipes and other smoking accessories. Lots of Cubans. Friendly management.

It is in the alley behind the Mos Burger near Hsin Yi and An Ho road.

I used to get good Cuban stogies there.

[quote]
I haven’t smoked a cigar in years, but I would like to smoke a Cuban just to see what the fuss is all about. Then I look at the price and say, “No way!”
How much would you pay for a Cuban cigar and why?[/quote]

I paid between 250-500NT for Cubans there. There are far more expensive ones. The 250s were gooood, and the 500s were for special occasions and very good friends and were fantastic. :slight_smile:

Worth it IMO if you like a good cigar.

jdsmith,

Good cigars (cohiba’s) can run you about 900nt. THOSE are good cigars. They sell them at any of those local “DRINKS” liqour stores.

[quote=“M0NSTER”]jdsmith,

Good cigars (cohiba’s) can run you about 900nt. THOSE are good cigars. They sell them at any of those local “DRINKS” liqour stores.[/quote]

What? Are you measuring your cigar against mine? :astonished:

My shwartz is bigger than yours! (Spaceballs)

[quote=“Richardm”]I haven’t smoked a cigar in years, but I would like to smoke a Cuban just to see what the fuss is all about. Then I look at the price and say, “No way!”

as has been said you can get a perfectly good one for a few hundred, a solid half hour of enjoyment. try a romeo y juliet or a partagas, 2 or 3 hundred, mild and smooth.

My grandpa smoked cigars. Died rather young, of emphysema, due to his cigars. I wish I’d had the chance to get to know him.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Richardm”]I haven’t smoked a cigar in years, but I would like to smoke a Cuban just to see what the fuss is all about. Then I look at the price and say, “No way!”

as has been said you can get a perfectly good one for a few hundred, a solid half hour of enjoyment. try a romeo y juliet or a partagas, 2 or 3 hundred, mild and smooth.[/quote]
Thanks. Where’s the best place to smoke it? If I was back home, I’d go to the horse races. I guess one of those cigar places or just some big open space where nobody will give me the evil eye.

[quote=“Richardm”]
Thanks. Where’s the best place to smoke it? If I was back home, I’d go to the horse races. I guess one of those cigar places or just some big open space where nobody will give me the evil eye.[/quote]

a cigar at the horse races, why did you have to say that, i’m going to be thinking about it all day now, lol

where to smoke it? drag a chair onto the “smoking room” aka the balcony

My Grandparolled his own cigs and smoked until the day he died, in his nineties.

Go firgure.