WCIF: Thai Supermarket in Taipei?

Despite there being hordes of Thais in this country, and a demi-horde in Taipei, I’ve never found a supermarket or grocery specializing in Thai ingredients in Taipei (1 or 2 out here in the boondocks of Taoyuan tho). Anyone know a place in Taipei?

You can find some Thai ingredients in the Burmese grocery stores at Huaxin St. near Nanshijiao MRT station.

If you take Blue 15 bus from Kunyang to XiZhi. You will find a little grocery store on the left, two, or three, stops before Carrefour. I have never been there, so , I do not know what they have.

They also got tables right outside, which I presume that you can have some food and drink there. Tempting.

[quote=“LPeterC”]If you take Blue 15 bus from Kunyang to Xizhi. You will find a little grocery store on the left, two, or three, stops before Carrefour. I have never been there, so , I do not know what they have.

They also got tables right outside, which I presume that you can have some food and drink there. Tempting.[/quote]

That’s a Thai & Indonesian store, if I recall correctly, very very small shop. It’s on the north side of Nangang Rd., several hundred meters west of Carrefour. In evenings and weekends you might see a dozen or so SE Asians sitting around on chairs on the sidewalk watching the tube. We went there looking for annato seed powder, I think, but came away empty handed.

Well thanks for tryin you guys, my friend’ll check em out, if I hear any news I’ll let you know

Where can I buy Thai food (like a store where various Thai food products are available) in Taipei? I had some Thai cereal recently that was delicious.

Thank you! :sunglasses:

[color=#008000]Note: edited by the moderator to separate the search topics. Please post topics separately so that the mod can merge with existing threads, if any (such as here with the Thai ingredients portion of your thread). Thanks! :slight_smile: --DB[/color]

There are various threads which involve searches for Thai ingredients. You can finda list of them here.
I have merged this with the most relevant of these.

Anyone know of any new supermarkets since the last post back in 2011? I’m new to living in Taipei, but I feel like it’s been difficult to find SE Asian groceries. I was expecting and hoping to find tons of different fruits and vegetables from various Asian countries now that I’m in Asia.

In KHH they have this mixed-SEA Store called EEC (Index) that specializes in logistics to and sells goods from places like Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, etc. They are a chain usually found in areas where a lot of people from those countries live. The stores can be very different in size and selection, so try a few if nearby.

Also in Google maps they designated a different, big supermarket tailored to those same countries (way bigger than INDEX) as an “Asian grocery store” so try that keyword in the app.

1 Like

Come to think of it, I think EEC has a branch up in Zhongshan district as well (between Yuanshan and Minquan West Road stations). If you live in Muzha, I’ve seen a couple of smaller SEAsian import shops around the market.

2 Likes

Little Burma has many stores selling SEA products. Check out this thread:

1 Like