WCIF Vinyl LP's?

There’s a vinyl shop on Zhongshan North Road Section 3(?), across the road and a little south from the new Caves Bookstore, east side of the street.

Mostly old stuff…

Hi,
I stumbled upon this forum during a search of of “collectors of old Taiwan vinyl LPs” and would like assistance here. My search ends here since she is Taiwanese singer and the records were produced here and exported.

Does anyone know where I can buy any of Ziwei (紫薇) vinyl records of the 1960s? I am looking for such records in mint or excellent condition such as the ones in the photos.

If you have them or others by the same singer and would like to sell them, please let me know by PM or email to changleh@yahoo.com
If you know of a specific record shop selling them, please give me the details of the shop so that I can search for it, if they sell online, even better.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
CHANG

I posted this on my Facebook, but I just wanted to gloat on here to any vinyl collectors
And don’t even ask where I found them. :discodance:

[quote]In celebration of finding a mighty great booty of treasure today, I am writing my first Facebook note. In a small bookstore, in the land of milk and honey that is Taiwan, I happened across my greatest score here yet. When I first saw them, I sucked in my breath, my pupils dilated, my shoulders straightened and my breathing shallowed. I glanced around quickly to make sure no one else had spotted what I had seen, then I darted over to lone table with LPs that were sitting by themselves waiting to be taken home and loved. What had caused such a reaction in me? At first it was the Taiwanese pressed Jimi Hendrix album at the front of the crate, but as I was soon to discover it was just the tip of the proverbial friggin’ iceberg. The were 4 boxes, about 400 lps that I narrowed down to 100 that were quite desirable. 1 in 4. Pretty good ratio, I’d say. So just what else was in there? Here’s a small sample:

Otis Redding
The Miracles
The Animals
The Turtles
Vanilla Fudge
The Who
Bob Dylan
Curtis Mayfield
Marvin Gaye
The Doors
Booker T. & The MGs
Pink Floyd
Traffic
Cream
Van Morrison
Country Joe
The Hollies
The Happenings
Steam
Iron Butterfly
Steam
Black Sabbath
Percy Sledge
Joe Simon
Jerry Butler
Isaac Hayes
CCR
1910 Fruitgum Co.
Mandrill
The Rascals
The Band
The Buckinghams
The Originals
The Dramatics

And a bunch more that I don’t feel like typing out.

All of it is Taiwanese pressed.
Many of them have alternative covers to their North American counterparts.
Much of it is on colored vinyl, such as that copy of “Hi, We’re The Miracles”, Motown’s first record.
Can you say Cha-Ching?
Oh, and it all totaled 1450NT. Under $50.[/quote]

I ran across an old vinyl store today. in wanhua, Xiyuan rd sec 2 no. 77. I didn’t have the time to go in and look, but they seemed to have quite a few records. looked like random old stuff, not dance.

I saw a couple crates of used dance/house/hippity-hop stuff at Mollies.
Must be a former DJ’s collection.
In GongGuan. Not the one by Madame Jills, but the other one.
All late 80’s-early 90’s.

[quote=“Josefus”]I posted this on my Facebook, but I just wanted to gloat on here to any vinyl collectors
And don’t even ask where I found them. :discodance:

[quote]In celebration of finding a mighty great booty of treasure today, I am writing my first Facebook note. In a small bookstore, in the land of milk and honey that is Taiwan, I happened across my greatest score here yet. When I first saw them, I sucked in my breath, my pupils dilated, my shoulders straightened and my breathing shallowed. I glanced around quickly to make sure no one else had spotted what I had seen, then I darted over to lone table with LPs that were sitting by themselves waiting to be taken home and loved. What had caused such a reaction in me? At first it was the Taiwanese pressed Jimi Hendrix album at the front of the crate, but as I was soon to discover it was just the tip of the proverbial friggin’ iceberg. The were 4 boxes, about 400 lps that I narrowed down to 100 that were quite desirable. 1 in 4. Pretty good ratio, I’d say. So just what else was in there? Here’s a small sample:

Otis Redding
The Miracles
The Animals
The Turtles
Vanilla Fudge
The Who
Bob Dylan
Curtis Mayfield
Marvin Gaye
The Doors
Booker T. & The MGs
Pink Floyd
Traffic
Cream
Van Morrison
Country Joe
The Hollies
The Happenings
Steam
Iron Butterfly
Steam
Black Sabbath
Percy Sledge
Joe Simon
Jerry Butler
Isaac Hayes
CCR
1910 Fruitgum Co.
Mandrill
The Rascals
The Band
The Buckinghams
The Originals
The Dramatics

And a bunch more that I don’t feel like typing out.

All of it is Taiwanese pressed.
Many of them have alternative covers to their North American counterparts.
Much of it is on colored vinyl, such as that copy of “Hi, We’re The Miracles”, Motown’s first record.
Can you say Cha-Ching?
Oh, and it all totaled 1450NT. Under $50.[/quote][/quote]

Now that’s a find. Enjoy. :bravo:

Oh the goodtrade flea market has a zillion of these records.

Is that the one by Kuting MRT?
I’ve checked them out, but I remember them being priced significantly higher.
Big selection of stuff, but nothing like that stash above.
I’m pretty picky.

How about the place in Zhongxxing South Road? I think it is pretty cool. Though pricewise, yeah, it can’t compare to that bargain you found.

Hm.
Would that be the same as Chongqing South Road?
Down in a basement?
It’s been a few years since I went there.
I should check it out again.

Yep.

It’s been a while since I went vinyl-hunting. It’s probably about time I got my pith helmet, blunderbuss and khaki uniform out of storage so to speak.

I found this pretty rare sealed CD the other day for 99nt.
Goes for $30-$85 on Amazon.
You’d like it.
Nice funky gospel.

[quote=“Josefus”]I found this pretty rare sealed CD the other day for 99nt.
Goes for $30-$85 on Amazon.
You’d like it.
Nice funky gospel.
[/quote]
cool!

Blunderbuss???

:s I’d ask what for but I’m afraid of the answer. :astonished:

Blunderbuss???

:s I’d ask what for but I’m afraid of the answer. :astonished:[/quote]
Buying records can get a bit hairy sometimes. Think of women in a shoe sale and you have a good idea of what vinyl junkies are like :wink:

I know this thread is very old, but I’ll be visiting Taipei for a few days this month (for first time since 1979) and thought I’d squeeze in some crate digging. Can someone recommend any places left that sell vinyl? Thank you.

For anyone looking for vinyl, don’t miss this event tomorrow!

2 Likes

Oh, missed that one.

Record Store Day was 2 Saturdays ago. When I called around to see who was participating, most stores said no. The rest were a little unsure. A few got some Record Store Day releases but not the exact one I wanted. I ended up getting it off ebay.

It sucks, but the honest truth is that when it comes to new vinyl, you can get it delivered from amazon for cheaper than buying it locally. Only the secondhand places have anything for a decent price, but the quality of many of those older ones is questionable.