"We are not gold diggers" - Vietnamese wife in Taiwan

I hope they do an article like this about Western husbands: “We are more than just our huge foreign sausages!”

1 Like

Every man that talks about this has a small one.

You’ve got me.

1 Like

We are? News to me…

Speak for yourself

Stupid. My dogs are cleaner than them.

Some of us are less than our huge foreign sausages…

2 Likes

WE ARE MORE THAN JUST EDUCATORS

1 Like

Meh they sort of are

I’m sorry your life experience has led you to have such a negative attitude towards half of the species. One’s attitude going in makes a big difference.

2 Likes

You need to see a shrink.

1 Like

The tone here is so ethnocentric and completely disregards the economic inequalities and desperate situations people face in SE Asia. It’s easy to complain about ‘gold diggers’ when you got money in your pocket and abundant work opportunities for showing up and being a white dude.

Anyone that has been to Vietnam or other SE Asian countries understands that financial desperation is a real factor there, and while using people for money is not cool the people posting in this forum do not face the financial hardships or desperate life circumstances that lead to this behavior.

As far as bitching about TW women etc, the fact that foreigners that came here didn’t do their homework about the culture or what the expectations of a marriage are is not TW people’s fault and blaming them is weak.

8 Likes

First large agree, second part , nope.

Fair enough. But if there are cultural patterns (there must be since there is so much bitching about it on a regular basis), isn’t it incumbent on people moving here to know that before they get married to a TW woman?

Not all TW women or families are so money obsessed , just a fair proportion . I don’t know how folks are supposed to understand Taiwan before they come here. How does one do that exactly?

Read about it. Find Taiwanese people where you live and talk to them. Email bloggers that live there. Read history books on it. The internet. Forums like this.

Also, are TW more money obsessed than anyone else, or are they just more open about it? For example, New Yorkers don’t ask your salary, they ask what neighborhood you live in and they can figure it out.

1 Like

Every time I open Forumosa there is at least one thread which makes me wanna jump into the scooter stream.

1 Like

It’s kind of true. Women are attracted to success/status/wealth.

So are some men. Lots of men leap at the opportunity to marry a rich girl.

Several months ago when I first joined forumosa I made a thread that ended up being a bit about this.

Yes they are more obsessed than some places. For sure. Most religious practices seem to relate to praying for money.