We can't let her LEAVE!

Drool? Drool?? Gads, that’s nasty. The last girl I kissed who drooled also ate doggie biscuits. Do they do that too?

But Buttercup, it just isn’t fair.

It’s like Einstein saying he’s fed up with maths, Mozart saying he’s bored of music or Boudicca imagining defeat.

You know, fools abound – but you have a gift and they can never take that away. Not everyone can be a genius, so forgive them.

Hope to see you back when you’ve realized Taiwan isn’t the same without your help and inspiration.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Why would she want to leave? Has someone been mean to her?

We’re already suffering badly from the absence of HGC. If Buttercup goes too, we’ll be really struggling to find warmth and cheer on these boards.[/quote]

Well I doubt that, as lovely as it is to hear, old egg. I’m back. Just changed out of the arrow-striped clobber and dusted off the stench of the gaol house. I was set up you know. A slimy little church lady squealed her timorous and pathetic little fucking lungs out after misreading a post of mine and a likewise reading impaired dolt who rather tellingly chose the handle of one of history’s biggest arseholes kicked me to the kerb. Fuck them both I say, and I will, but all in good time. In any case, I digress.

Buttercup, having looked out the rear window of that swift black Mariah - you know the condemned are no longer even bestowed the honourific of “suspended” let alone the right of reply - I understand quite well your position. Go forth and do other things. But please do take the time to keep us posted on your life’s rich paegant and remind us all again of your wonderful wit. In the absence of your fine wordsmithery, and those like you, Forumosa becomes the land of the snivelling hunt and peck church ladies and their hateful typo-laden rehashed blather.

HG

Welcome back, HGC! I hope you’ve been served your back-from-the-slammer bowl of zhujiao mianxian (豬腳麵線) and enjoyed it well.

There must be some early-release program in effect? Over-crowding?

The trotters were a treat! Thanks. But if that’s the real Toe, then there’s probably been something of a coup in here. If that is the case, then Buttercup may feel less inclined to put herself into exile.

Let’s see how this pans out.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]The trotters were a treat! Thanks. But if that’s the real Toe, then there’s probably been something of a coup in here. If that is the case, then Buttercup may feel less inclined to put herself into exile.

Let’s see how this pans out.

HG[/quote]

As real as the hairs on your hairy arsed Toe. In case you need further proof, we got a rubgy(sic) world cup coming up? Same alley at half?

Welcome back Toe Save! :slight_smile:

And you, too, HG. I knew you’d be back, but wasn’t sure about Toe, and that is a nice surprise.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

'nuff said! Damn good call, by the way.Maybe we could will Omni to sit still long enough?

Crikey! Is the man of Pine king? That would certainly not be a bad thing!

HG

Welcome back, Toe!

The door to the house party is always open, so you’re always going to have some cretin or another showing up.

Just gravitate toward the room where they’re wearing turtlenecks, playing jazz, and speaking in polysyllables. Both the conversation and the veggie dip are better in that room.

Or sure, take a break for a while. But know that the place is better with you there.

She couldn’t handle being Forumosa’s funniest. It’s a poisoned chalice I tells ya.

Who told you?
:smiley:

If she wants to leave, let her leave. Would you keep offering drinks to a friend who wants to quit the booze? Ideally, buttercup will still post here but she’ll probably feel better spending less time and energy on this site.
Forumosa can be informative, fun, and a great way to meet people, but being a top poster on an internet site is hardly a worthwhile and satisfying accomplishment.
Ah, where’s my bottle? Taking a risk, drinking out of glass tonight.

Hey Hey, cool I might have a chance of catching up your post count Buttercup…if I quit my job and only post in your absence! :laughing:

You could of course just lurk and that way stay in touh with social events etc…you would be sorely missed at HH

Ah, not so fast there, missy, your research may be a little incomplete…

HGC, welcome back from The Hole, you Antipoean Adonis.
Did you find those smokes I stashed there my last time?

Many thanks, I did. but oddly enough they were all tangled up in coarse black hairs. How’d you get them in . . . oh, I see.
Left a lighter for next time.

Cheers.

HG

To paraphrase Capt. Yossarian… Where are the Richardm’s of yesteryear?

Sigh.

Thought I’d pop my head in for the few seconds when my mind wasn’t on teaching, sleeping, gouging my eyes out with sharp objects (damn allergies), or reading my new John Irving novel (this one makes up for Setting Free the Bears)… sometimes I can manage to think about all four things at the same time, but it’s never pretty. And well, to actually manage typing with my mind so occupied…

Don Henley once sang, “You can check out anytime, but you can never leave.” Buttercup, you have my blessing to check out, but not my blessing to leave. Take a break. I’ve been there before and you’ll feel so much better after the rest. Good luck, chica.

I thought Don Henley was talkin’ 'bout heroin when he said that. :astonished: