We The People

Found this comment from the article regarding the Roger C.S. Lin v United States
We need more people like her!
I found this to be very inspirational; all credits should not be given to me, but to the one who wrote this:

legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2009/ … nship.html

Posted by: Margaret Lu | February 07, 2009 at 05:26 PM

"Declaration of Formosan Human Rights 2-5-2009
We, the people of Formosa at home and abroad, refuse being erroneously labeled as
“Chinese nationals”, petition for our fundamental right of self-determination, and demand that
the illegitimate regime of the Republic of China (ROC) on Taiwan (Formosa) be terminated
and removed perpetually from Taiwan to Kinmen /Matsu for its joint return to China.
We petition for a Declaratory Judgment of the civil rights of Formosans and a Writ of
Mandamus by the United States (US) Supreme Court to convene the United States Court of
Formosa as a war crimes tribunal for international crimes having been committed by the
Chinese Kuomintang (KMT), or the Nationalists since 1945, including but not limited to
genocide, pillaging and conspiracy for denial of the civil rights of the people of Formosa.
We petition for such rights and seek redress of our grievances and for restoration of our
inalienable civil rights under the territorial jurisdiction of the Military Arm of the US
Government (USMG) over Formosa Cession.
We seek to secure our civil rights, legal protections and due process of law in accordance
with the US Constitution, the San Francisco Peace Treaty (SFPT), Taiwan Relations Act and
the Laws of War.
The United States, as the Allied leader during World War II, was given effective territorial
jurisdiction over Japan and its Pacific islands of Formosa and the Pescadores. The US has
acted as the primary protector of these Pacific islands against all external aggressors since
1945. Thus, we petition the United States, as the Occupying Power of former Japanese
island territories, to forever remove the currently exiled ROC on Taiwan regime for their
crimes of systematic murder and oppression on Formosa and the Pescadores. Moreover, the
USA should forever terminate and banish the ROC ruling authority to jointly return with the
ROC-controlled islands of Kinmen and Matsu to China.
We seek the USMG to officially establish an unique political entity such as the Formosa Civil
Government as the sole, genuine and legitimate Successor composed by the people, of the
people and for the people of Formosans.
We petition that a new Constitution for the Formosa Civil Government be drafted for public
comment and be voted into the supreme law of our land, in accordance with the principle of
self-determination guaranteed under Article 73 of the United Nations Charter. Citizens of
Formosa deserve the equal protections of a new Constitution, with respect for the rule of law,
civil rights and the pursuit of life, liberty, and property, with justice for all.
Our fellow Formosans are peace-seeking freedom lovers. The Formosan people deserve a
free, secure and democratic future without fear of political oppression. Formosan citizens are
eager to bring and maintain peace, stability and prosperity in the Western Pacific region.
The natural beauty of Formosa beckons the spirit of harmonious unity, calling the Formosan
people to come together in solemn HOPE for the Formosa Republic ! "

If this succeeds, the Taiwanese, MYJ, will become president of the USA.

WoW…I JUST posted this and you instantly responded.
Thanx for the quick response though, much appreciated!
Though I’d prefer Obama over MYJ

We know you hate true Taiwanese like MYJ…

[quote=“lincolnunit”]WoW…I JUST posted this and you instantly responded. Thanx for the quick response though, much appreciated![/quote] His spider senses were tingling as you were posting…

A relevant book written by George H. Kerr. I’ve read the first 4 Chapters.

romanization.com/books/formosabetrayed/

"Formosa Betrayed
This book is a damning indictment of the KMT administration in Taiwan in the years just after World War II. It contains detailed information on Chiang Kai-shek, Chen Yi, 2-28 (the massacre of thousands of Taiwanese that began February 28, 1947), and many other subjects.

George H. Kerr, the author of the book, was in Taiwan during that time, serving as vice consul at the U.S. consulate.

The complete text of this important work is available here for free!"

The pan-Green policy of not trusting Americans makes Kerr’s book less relevant these days. In fact held to the pan-Green standard of not being able to speak Taiwanese Mandarin or Taiwanese, makes Kerr a less than compelling figure in Taiwanese politics in general.

Taiwan is for Taiwanese, not for Americans, is the pan-Green motto these days.

We know you hate true Taiwanese like MYJ…[/quote]

Actually I just think Obama is a more qualified to run the US of A than your lover boy.
My co-worker actually went to high school with MYJ and has the yearbook to prove it!
From what I hear, hes a funny guy.
Anyways, don’t make false statements that I hate true Taiwanese, I find it to be quite offensive. But judging from you other posts, you in-fact are the one that hate “True Taiwanese” and you are in fact a bigot. People like you should just roll-over and let the new generation take over. Your old bigotory views are no longer valid, goodbye :hand:

[quote=“walile”]A relevant book written by George H. Kerr. I’ve read the first 4 Chapters.

romanization.com/books/formosabetrayed/

"Formosa Betrayed
This book is a damning indictment of the KMT administration in Taiwan in the years just after World War II. It contains detailed information on Chiang Kai-shek, Chen Yi, 2-28 (the massacre of thousands of Taiwanese that began February 28, 1947), and many other subjects.

George H. Kerr, the author of the book, was in Taiwan during that time, serving as vice consul at the U.S. consulate.

The complete text of this important work is available here for free!"[/quote]

Thanx! I’ll be sure to check it out!

We know you hate true Taiwanese like MYJ…[/quote]

Actually I just think Obama is a more qualified to run the US of A than your lover boy.
My co-worker actually went to high school with MYJ and has the yearbook to prove it!
From what I hear, hes a funny guy.
Anyways, don’t make false statements that I hate true Taiwanese, I find it to be quite offensive. But judging from you other posts, you in-fact are the one that hate “True Taiwanese” and you are in fact a bigot. People like you should just roll-over and let the new generation take over. Your old bigotory views are no longer valid, goodbye :hand:[/quote]
That would be self hatred on my part. Being that I’m a self-proclaimed truly average Taiwanese.

MYJ went to the same law school as Obama. They have the same calm and articulate style of speech. They are both minority members in their respective societies. It is your hatred of Taiwanese that doesn’t allow you to view MYJ in a positive light.

[quote=“lincolnunit”]

We, the people of Formosa at home and abroad, refuse being erroneously labeled as
“Chinese nationals”…[/quote]

Notice the author insists on using “Formosa” and not “Taiwan”. Who still refers to Taiwan as Formosa- the old 16th century portuguese colonial era name?

The gal is gotta be referring to the aboriginals. So this is bad news to the pan-greens and TI crowds. It looks like the aboriginals wants Taiwan to themselves.

Oh, sure, if they want to get nostalgic with it and name their company after “Formosa” there’s nothing wrong with that. But I doubt they’re going to say their parent company is based in “Formosa”, or we’re “Formosan” people, or of the government of “Formosa”. It’s just hard to imagine people in Taiwan still routinely refer to themselves as people of “Formosa”, unless they’ve actually lived here when the place is actually called Formosa, i.e. aboriginals.

In Taiwanese, it’s “E-Plabneesta”

[quote=“ABC”][Oh, sure, if they want to get nostalgic with it and name their company after “Formosa” there’s nothing wrong with that. But I doubt they’re going to say their parent company is based in “Formosa”, or we’re “Formosan” people, or of the government of “Formosa”. It’s just hard to imagine people in Taiwan still routinely refer to themselves as people of “Formosa”, unless they’ve actually lived here when the place is actually called Formosa, i.e. aboriginals.[/quote] For that matter I don’t know of any aboriginals that refer to themselves in English as ‘Formosans’ either…

I’m the supreme commander of the Portuguese Guerrilla in Ilha Formosa.

This is our statement:

"Brothers:

The flower of the word won’t die. The face in the shadows who is speaking it today may die, but the words that came from deep in history and from the land cannot be torn apart by the pride of the power.

We were born from the night. In the night we live. In the night we shall die. But the light shall shine for others, for all that today cry in the night, to whom the day is denied, for whom take death as a gift, for who life is forbidden. For all light. For all everything. For us the pain and the distress, for us the sweet revolt, for us a denied future, for us the indignity. For us nothing.

Our fight is to make ourselves listened, and the bad government cries pride y covers it’s ears with cannons.

Our fight is against famine, and the bad government gives lead and paper to the stomachs of our kids.

Our fight is for a dignified home, and the bad government destroy our houses and our history.

Our fight is for knowledge, and the bad government distributes ignorance and scorn.

Our fight is for land, and the bad government gives us cemeteries.

Our fight is for a just and dignified work, and the bad government buys and sells bodies and shame.

Our fight is for life, and the bad government offers us death as a future.

Our fight is for respect and our right to govern and be governed by us, and the bad governemnt imposes to the majority the law of the minority.

Our fight is for freedom of thought and to choose our path, and the bad government opens jails and tombs.

Our fight is for justice, and the bad government fills itself with criminals and murderers.

Our fight is for history, and the bad government proposes to forget.

Our fight is for our motherland, and the bad government dreams about flags and foreign languages.

Our fight is for peace, and the bad government announces war and destruction.

Home, land, work, bread, health, education, independence, democracy, freedom, justice and peace. These were our requests in the long night of the 400 years. These are today, our demands."

Comandante MR_Boogie

[quote=“ABC”][quote=“lincolnunit”]

“Chinese nationals”…[/quote]

Notice the author insists on using “Formosa” and not “Taiwan”. Who still refers to Taiwan as Formosa- the old 16th century portuguese colonial era name?

The gal is gotta be referring to the aboriginals. So this is bad news to the pan-greens and TI crowds. It looks like the aboriginals wants Taiwan to themselves.[/quote]

In fact, if we complete what you omitted to include in your quote …

[quote=“lincolnunit”]
“Chinese nationals”, petition for our fundamental right of self-determination, and demand that
the illegitimate regime of the Republic of China (ROC) on Taiwan (Formosa) be terminated
and removed perpetually from Taiwan to Kinmen (Jinmen) /Mazu for its joint return to China.[/quote]

The author clearly used Taiwan and Formosa as synonyms.
She stated “Taiwan (Formosa)” right away in the same sentence. However, you excluded the remaining part of the sentence in your quote. Was it on purpose?
The way you found it as a chance to sow discord among Taiwanese people amazed me.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]In Taiwanese, it’s “E-Plabneesta”[/quote] I felt guilty for laughing at that.

[quote=“ironsnow”]The author clearly used Taiwan and Formosa as synonyms.
She stated “Taiwan (Formosa)” right away in the same sentence. However, you excluded the remaining part of the sentence in your quote. Was it on purpose?
The way you found it as a chance to sow discord among Taiwanese people amazed me.[/quote]

If you’ll notice the ellipses I added at the end of my quote, I intended for that to mean the rest of the article. There’s a good reason to be concise there, no need for me to quote the whole article when it’s on the first page for everyone to see.

Oh, and the only people who are sowing discord among the Taiwanese people are the pan-greenies and TI’ers who insist they’re Taiwanese(or Formosan) and not Chinese.

[quote=“ABC”][quote=“ironsnow”]The author clearly used Taiwan and Formosa as synonyms.
The way you found it as a chance to sow discord among Taiwanese people amazed me.[/quote]

If you’ll notice the ellipses I added at the end of my quote, I intended for that to mean the rest of the article. There’s a good reason to be concise there, no need for me to quote the whole article when it’s on the first page for everyone to see.

Oh, and the only people who are sowing discord among the Taiwanese people are the pan-greenies and TI’ers who insist they’re Taiwanese(or Formosan) and not Chinese.[/quote]

Its just a deep history of hate among the Taiwanese population…
Look at it, Taiwan was happy when the Japanese left and welcomed the KMT (to some degree) but then the KMT government turned out to be oppressive and just as bad as the Japanese, if not worse…and this went on for almost half a century.
Children whom’s parents came over with the KMT were discriminated against among the Taiwan population, hence generating future hate and discord among the people.
So you can’t really blame one side for this discord, but in fact both parties are responsible.