Weapons sent to Ukraine suddenly found out in Syria

Whether it’s safe to supply Ukraine with weapon when it can easily leak to some terrorists ?

4 Likes

Rand Paul had suggested some oversight and was promptly called a Russian stooge.

Of course this was predictable and was predicted, they are not just turning up in Syria, some other African nation was complaining about this a few days ago.

7 Likes

Also, the Sahel region of Africa. Officials from Nigeria were talking about it a day or two ago.

3 Likes

Oh … well, if a random, unsourced Twitter account says so, I guess it must be true!

4 Likes

Old “news”…has been circulating since at least June looks like.

Golly I wonder why this stuff keeps being regurgitated. Surely no one would take it as gospel, even if the implications might fit their pre-conceived worldview hand-in-glove. Note that this is the Times, not the Post…probably will be hit with the old “duplicitous MSM” smear anyways though.

isn’t that literally the scenario of COD MW2 ? lmao

Intelligence and diplomatic sources say the claims are a textbook case of Kremlin disinformation aimed at undercutting U.S. and allied support for arming Ukrainian forces while diverting criticism of Russia’s invasion.

Ah yes. All the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation, etc.

1 Like

The tweets in the OP don’t even say anything about Ukraine. The article from June is talking about entirely different weapons and neither the assertions or denials are in any way convincing. This one I think we can safely call a nothingburger indeed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While the story looks sketchy, it is extremely difficult to control weapons and cash once it enters a war zone. With billions in US arms flooding the region, nasty stuff will be turning up all over the world in a few years. Anyone who rides around in an armored car should be nervous.

Sure glad I use an undersized tricycle to get around.

3 Likes

You need a smaller one, less to hit :dart:

Hate to admit it, but the tricycle is not the problem. A full-size American clown is hard to miss.

That will stop them hitting the tricycle, your a good person defending it with your body.

1 Like

No one is going to waste expensive weaponry on some clown.

2 Likes

That’s reassuring. The pies are enough for me.

1 Like

Tell that to Putin

1 Like

Oh … well, if a random, unsourced Twitter account says so, I guess it must be true!

Do you want BBC to travel to Syria and verify? What would you expect…?

I mean … yes?

3 Likes

Russia has already been giving them to the Iranians, not a big leap of the imagination to think some ended up with other Russian allies.

Yes.