Week of unrest, Cuba, Haiti and more related to goods and food shortages

In Cuba major protests related to food and goods shortage. Hope for the people in Cuba protests can improve, and only only there as I saw report 1 out 3 people worry about food or short on food. sister topic in Taiwan worries about food shortage: Anyone notice food shortages?

This is all Canada’s fault for limiting sex tourism flights to Cuba.

1 Like

They riot because of Canadians? Seems in Cuba its about food as well as in SA (Where the riot led to looting and now food shortages)

Their primary source of income for buying food is gone.

Good analysis of why Cuba is a mess (it’s not the embargo).

Hasta Siempre Canuckistaner tourists :rofl: Maybe they can find an ethical tourist destination rather than Red Cuba (I do like the breastfeeding section of the commie video below and all the misguided proletariats :joy: :joy:).

I guess Hands off Cuba means something different to randy tourists. :joy:
(1768) Nathalie Cardone - Hasta siempre (Official Video HD) - YouTube

Somebody actually had to write an analysis? Srsly?

I suspect that somewhere out there is an internet content creator who has written an analysis of the factors that led up to his decision to change the lightbulb in his office.

From the article:

(Note: To get good information about the workings of communist economies, it really helps to read leftist writers, because they’re often the only ones who actually pay attention to how those economies work. Lots of people look at these economies and just yell “Communism bad!!”, which is true but also unhelpful; leftists bother to figure out why it’s bad.)

Shoe fits etc.

What a load of horseshit. Both Mitterrand and Pierre Trudeau (authors and politicos) denied deaths in China associated with the Great Leap Forward. Often the left wear rose tinted glasses.

My mom was telling me there are already thousands of Haitian refugees in the old country. Since before the quake, men, women and children from Haiti were being led by coyotes up North. Most don’t make it. Coyotes take their money and rape/kill the women. Governments cannot handle them and their own emigrant caravans.

1 Like

Yes, Haiti is in terrible condition, and now a Typhoon is near.

1 Like

Haiti is one unlucky country. I don’t know how they’re supposed to ever develop if they are going to get hit by a natural disaster at every turn.

Funny how the Dominican Republic, which is the other half of the same island, isn’t constantly in a state of collapse. It’s almost as if one had an incompetent corrupt government and the other, well, wasn’t quite as bad.

1 Like

Oh they are corrupt and incompetent but they at least have trees. And agriculture. And fishing. And hotels. And a working economy. And fare better regarding quakes and hurricanes.

1 Like

DR, much better place to live. At least jobs if you want to work, nice metro (subway) and better schools than Haiti.