Weekend bike adventure photos

[quote=“sulavaca”]Stunning shots they are indeed. I think you’ve made me slightly greener and a lot more keen to get that bike I keep dreaming about. May I ask what sort of bike you think would be best suited for riding around Taiwan?

I am fit, 180cm, 75kg, have some riding experience of Honda CBR600, and although like the idea of a sports bike, will not turn my nose up at other options that can carry luggage, unless it is built by some cack handed workforce that will allow it to break down all the time (I assume Europeans as they can’t build cars very well, but I’m sure you gurs know better).[/quote]

I don’t think anyone on here will argue that the best “Bang for the Buck” bike is the Ninja 650R. It’s as cheap as a 400cc bike…and has speed comparable to a race bike (slower…but still comparable considering it can beat them on the track).

I went from the CBR600RR myself to the 650R and I expected to feel slightly dissapointed…but I didn’t. I loved the CBR on certain roads…but I love the 650R on ALL roads. The 650R is even fun in downtown traffic…and the CBR was hell in that.

Their price is down to about 280k and dropping.

[quote=“sulavaca”]Stunning shots they are indeed. I think you’ve made me slightly greener and a lot more keen to get that bike I keep dreaming about. May I ask what sort of bike you think would be best suited for riding around Taiwan?

I am fit, 180cm, 75kg, have some riding experience of Honda CBR600, and although like the idea of a sports bike, will not turn my nose up at other options that can carry luggage, unless it is built by some cack handed workforce that will allow it to break down all the time (I assume Europeans as they can’t build cars very well, but I’m sure you gurs know better).[/quote]

They (the CBR 600) carry luggage just fine.

My Fire Blade knocks the balls off the CBR 600 but the little 6 was a sweet ride :smiley:
much more manageable in the twistys of Taiwan than a 954–then again I’ve never been known to do anything the easy way. :stuck_out_tongue: