Weight Lifting Equipment In Taipei

Anyone know of a store in Taipei that sells free weights. Thanks.

If you mean weights like this

then they’re available in some sports shops like the one on Shi-Da road across from Burger King.

If you’re looking for anything quality like these Olympic bars and plates

then you should know that no store here sells them, but I can get them for you. I don’t carry these in stock but I can special order them if you’re interested.

Yesterday I bought free weights from a store which is approximately here (address not correct but it’s on the same block):
maps.google.com/maps?q=25.023272 … 11051&z=17

I bought two dumb bell bars, and four 15lb weights. The original price was $25 per pound for the weights, and $350 per dumb bell bar, which came to $2200. I haggled down to $2050, because I was running to and from this store (again the address isn’t perfect)…
maps.google.com/maps?q=25.028113 … 11244&z=17

…which sold the same thing, and eventually the first store gave me the best final price.

The quality of the equipment seems fine. Both stores have a variety of different weight sizes, and they both have bar bells if I recall correctly. The second store has different kinds of dumb bell bar grips - some textured metal, others spongey fabric. The first store only has textured metal. The second store seems a bit more expensive; their final price was higher and their original price was $30 per pound, and $375 per dumb bell bar.

Thanks for the info. I have a set of Olympic weights. I just need some dumbells. The EZ curl bar and triceps bar would be nice too.

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get your Olympic weights? Are you looking for DB bars that use Olympic plates? Those are very hard to find here. This is the only place I could find that has them:
absport.com.tw/product2.htm

Not sure they’ll sell commercially.

The curl and tricep bars are hard to come by here but Sunpro has them:
sun-pro.com.tw/title/weight/part/index.htm

I bought the Olympic weights on tealit but I know a store in Taichung that has everything. I’ll ask my friend to get the address and I’ll post it later. I bought a gym quality rowing machine there.

Johnsons
No. 127-16, Section 2, TáiZhōngGǎng Rd, Situn District
Taichung City, Taiwan 407

I appreciate the address. do they have a website? Thanks.

Edit: I got it johnsonfitness.com/tw/

Gym quality rowing machine, how much? Fan or magnets?

Olympic bar and plates, how much?

I’m looking to get a rower and bar + 80kg soon.

Also, has anyone bought an adjustable wall mounting chin-up bar assembly here?

My colleague showed me some adjustable dumbbells made by Bowflex or York. You can turn a dial at the end to drop weights thereby reducing the weight. Then you only need two dumbbells instead of a stack.

Can you get them in Taiwan? They’re probably made here or China so I think you probably can.

I want some.

Yes, they are commonly available on ruten.com

See here:
goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21003103111340

To my knowledge, they are not available in any store.

These are not the same as the bowflex ones.
I’d love to find the bowflex ones here in Taiwan.

Can you get chin ups bar here? The kind you hang from a door?

I bought one off yahoo’s ebay knockoff this week.

eBay? are you in Taiwan? How much did you pay for shipping? Do you have a link to the kind of bar you bought?
Thank

I am in Taiwan all right.

Look here:

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1212432887

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d50281222

[quote=“Mr He”]I am in Taiwan all right.

Look here:

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1212432887

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d50281222[/quote]

Yeah, check your doorjambs first, mine are all set into the opening, so there’s no sill to hook onto.

Ok, thanks, I’ll check it out.

Has anyone thought about resistance bands? they don’t weight a ton, are easily portable, and still provides resistance (it’s not like your muscle going to know the difference)

I’ve had bad luck with local resistance bands. The come only in really light resistance and I’ve had two of them break on me. When they break, it can be really scary. Think big rubber band flying up near your eyes.

BTW the resistance provided by even good bands (I ordered some from the States) is not the same as that from weights, nor is it as easily measurable. All good tools but I would do weights primarily and add in resistance bands as accessory work.