Weiner-gate

So I guess he’s still okay with operating his weiner, then.

I saw Conan O’Brien the other day and he made the expected run of Weiner jokes, none of them terribly funny and most of them terribly infantile, as is Conan’s wont.

However, he did make a point of saying that Weiner is one of these Americans who insists that the ‘ei’ sound is to be pronounced as ‘ee’. More fool him.

So I rest my case: it SHOULD be Weiner as in Shiner, as in the German, but many Americans (and that morally bankrupt Democratic party bright spark included) prefer the ‘ee’ sound, as in ‘wiener’.

I always thought it was I before E except after C. Just goes to show that I would be crap at being a engrish teicher.

as for the rest of your comment, wombat face, I agree.

I saw Conan O’Brien the other day and he made the expected run of Weiner jokes, none of them terribly funny and most of them terribly infantile, as is Conan’s wont.

However, he did make a point of saying that Weiner is one of these Americans who insists that the ‘ei’ sound is to be pronounced as ‘ee’. More fool him.

So I rest my case: it SHOULD be Weiner as in Shiner, as in the German, but many Americans (and that morally bankrupt Democratic party bright spark included) prefer the ‘ee’ sound, as in ‘wiener’.

I always thought it was I before E except after C. Just goes to show that I would be crap at being a engrish teicher.

as for the rest of your comment, wombat face, I agree.[/quote]
His family’s problem was that Weiner rhymes with whiner.

For Americans who aspire to the ‘leadership class’ it’s a no-brainer to go with the long ‘e’. That can be deflected with self-deprecation (assuming one actually manages one’s penis), the other cannot.

PS They should have gone with he original German pronunciation at Ellis Island or wherever and declared themselves as Viner.

I always thought that the eye-sounding ei was German and the ee-sounding ei was French. nes pas?

Families are generally very careful about how their names are spelled and pronounced - unless they are trying to turn their back on their ancestry.

Remember also that the language that we think of as German is only one of many dialects. Or, maybe it’s an amalgamation? There’s also something about the “High German Consonant Shift” that sounds intriguing.

But, anyway…

So, even though we think that ‘weiner’ should be a ‘whiner’, he really is a ‘weener’.

But, let me attempt to build consensus by saying that he’s BOTH a Weiner and a whiner, with a less-than-impressive wiener.

I make it a rule to only send photos of my dick if it’s at least 10 inches long. That doesn’t happen often, so I’m safe from this kind of persecution.

Everyone gets a chance to restart their life in Uhmerika

2nd chance? This is more like his fourth chance!

1 Like

Wait, that’s ALL I have to do to become a big wig CEO? Run for Congress, show off my weiner to non consenting women, get in trouble for it and watch the name recognition pour in?

Damn… What am I doing putting in honest hard work?

you also need a name to match your deed

Dammit, that doesn’t bode well since Italians have the largest number of unique surnames on the planet and rarely form words.

It’s like the polar opposite of the hundred family names in Chinese.