Weird headphone music effect?

I noticed this a few years ago, and have discussed it with friends before, but now a wider audience.

When listening to music on headphones, not particularly loudly, I can feel the vibrations. Like how you would feel the beat on a table that a speaker is sitting on. It goes as far as when kick drums or something kick in, it makes me blink.

When I used to work in an office, sometimes I would get embarrassed and have to double-check that no one else can hear what I can hear, because I can literally feel the desk vibrating. Even when it’s a delicate track, I can feel things like the xylophone beater just tap at my arm.

Totally psychological and probably batshit, anyone else have this?

An example track:-

Probably psychological… If it’s from my iPad’s speakers, then that’s going to be a given since your example is fairly bass-heavy, but even then it’ll be pretty light considering it’s just the iPad instead of say, my JBL Flip 5 that actually has pretty decent bass response.

I’ve tried it on both my Sennheiser M2 AEBT and Momentum TrueWireless 2 from a whisper all the way to cranking it to 11, and didn’t feel the phenomena you’re describing. I also don’t even recall experiencing it with any other headphones in the past. Not to brag/boast, but Senns are pretty high-grade and accurate, and often used by professional musicians so it’s not because of a lack of ability to reproduce certain sounds/frequencies; everything I’ve thrown at it is so accurate, I can’t even listen to low bitrate songs in my MP3 collection anymore (yes, I still have some since I used to work in rural areas) since it actually highlights the muddy/compressed notes.

I don’t mean to sound accusatory or trying to diagnose it, but maybe you might have some sort of synesthesia (more specifically auditory–tactile synesthesia or similar)?