Weird spy shit. Transmitters hidden in Canadian coins

Weird.

The CIA has just released details of Canadian coins containing hidden transmitters.

Read for yourselves:

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/spy_coins

Clearly this is George Bush’s doing.
Everyone knows about the kerfuffle happening right now with his increased surveillance measures on Americans.

Creative. Working out the precentages of such an operation would be interesting. I wonder how many coins you need to pass to someone to have a high percentage chance that they’ll still be carrying one X hours or days later. Spooky.

If I were you I’d be worried about those Canadian flag pins that activate once outside the Great White North.

On your tail, eh.

They’re sticking those pins on their tails? Ouch! Silly buggers.

That’s the reason why I only accept bills …

This story has recently been de-bunked.
Think about it…plant coin transmitter and wind up listening to the sounds inside a cash register in a Tim Hortons?

But Tim Hortons is the source of all evil

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]This story has recently been de-bunked.
Think about it…plant coin transmitter and wind up listening to the sounds inside a cash register in a Tim Hortons?[/quote]

Debunked in this story: Spy coin caper loses currency with retraction from U.S. defence agency

[quote]OTTAWA (CP) - It seems there’s no danger of your spare change spying on you after all.

A U.S. government defence agency has suddenly retracted its claim that Canadian coins containing tiny transmitters were planted on at least three American contractors who visited Canada.

… [/quote]

What Hosers, Eh!?

OK, finally the full story is out.

katu.com/news/national/7369096.html

Turns out they were official commemorative Remembrance Day “poppy” coins.

They only made feckin 30 million of them, so you know, you can’t blame the CIA for thinking they contained nano-technology spying equipment, rather than actually ask the Canadian government about them.

Paranoia? Oh no, not at all. :unamused:

Hilarious. :smiley:

It doesn’t matter that the info was wrong, I think we should invade anyway.

But who do we hang? :astonished:

I’d start with the contractor who provided the “intelligence”.