Welsh speakers

my company (until tomorrow) suddenly has a need for Welsh speakers (GPS localization project). just out of curiousity do any of our Welsh forumosans (taffy and who?) actually speak the difficult tongue? i’m guessing it’ll be hard to find both a girl and a boy to do voice recording but i could be wrong. (you’ll prolly see ads for this over the boards; i am not actually recruiting myself).

I don’t speak it (beyond the occasional curse) and in fact (whisper it softly) I’m not actually Welsh. I know plenty of people in Wales (and England) who are native speakers, but I imagine that’s not much good to you now. :blush:

It’s a long shot, but you could try contacting the British institutions in Taipei (BTCO/British Council/European School) on the off-chance they have a Welsh speaker tucked down the back of the sofa.

Pob lwc! (Good luck!)

Sandman works with a Welshman.

yes i know the very man…dont know if he speaks the lingo tho’…i’m just curious if anyone speaks it since my boss assumes i have loads of welsh-speaking mates… :astonished: according to wiki only 20% speak it within Wales. which begs the question do you really need GPS in Welsh…

[quote=“the bear”]which begs the question do you really need GPS in Welsh…[/quote]Er… nope. Everyone speaks English anyway. I would be surprised if anyone released anything electronic that speaks in Welsh. Do you know the scene from Red Dwarf ? “Transmit on all frequencies and in all languages, including Welsh”

The ad also asked for Flemish speakers, that’s the same as Dutch you know.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“the bear”]which begs the question do you really need GPS in Welsh…[/quote]Er… nope. Everyone speaks English anyway. I would be surprised if anyone released anything electronic that speaks in Welsh. Do you know the scene from Red Dwarf ? “Transmit on all frequencies and in all languages, including Welsh”

The ad also asked for Flemish speakers, that’s the same as Dutch you know.[/quote]

yes i know…the background is our customer is in Shanghai and as a test they have thrown down Welsh and “Belgian Dutch” …it sounds bullshit which is why i’m not getting involved…

yes I know the very man…dont know if he speaks the lingo tho’…I’m just curious if anyone speaks it since my boss assumes I have loads of welsh-speaking mates… :astonished: according to wiki only 20% speak it within Wales. which begs the question do you really need GPS in Welsh…[/quote]
Unfortunately, though, he’s off on Saturday to that mythic land of the hairy toes and low intellects and won’t be back for a month.
He does speak Welsh, too.

yes I know the very man…dont know if he speaks the lingo tho’…I’m just curious if anyone speaks it since my boss assumes I have loads of welsh-speaking mates… :astonished: [/quote]

Perhaps the national shared love for the fleecy ones.

HG

yes I know the very man…dont know if he speaks the lingo tho’…I’m just curious if anyone speaks it since my boss assumes I have loads of welsh-speaking mates… :astonished: [/quote]

Perhaps the national shared love for the fleecy ones.

HG[/quote]

but its well-known us kiwi’s are the better lovers…ask any ewe…the welsh only tend to do it after many pints in the local and lack of a better option…so they’re are bit rough and ready…your kiwi on the other hand will wine and dine Flossy with some choice clover before tenderly and tentatively making a romantic advance…

I think the tweeters for my Mordaunt Short Pageant IIs were made in Wales. I can check if you like.

There’s a country called Flem?

If they can call a country Qatar then anything’s possible.