WeMo (Kymco electric) scooter sharing!

Thanks. I figured it out using Google Translate and the manual in the app!

1 Like

Old thread. But they have new Wemo bikes in Kaohsiung. They show up as blue circle on app. You can now swap batteries yourself, making longer trips easier. I think there is even a discount if you swap the battery out when low.

The bikes are wider, newer, and can reverse. Annoying beeping when slow speed.

1 Like

But how is the performance? Do they compare to Gogoro now? Because the old ones did not shape up too well.

Rides pretty well (also because they are all new I’m guessing). Good acceleration, braking. My battery was 30% when renting, so I think the speed was throttles a little. But rode well overall.

But out of nowhere they are now all over the city.

I equate them to the 2.0 version of ubike compared to 1.0 bikes :joy:.

1 Like

The old ones had green plates so like 50cc equivalent, while Gogoro has white, so like the regular, more powerful, scooters.
Interested to know: what colour plates these new ones have?

Still green plates.

1 Like

Update after a few days of using new wemo vs old wemo. As well as changing batteries.

Much prefer new ones. Wider, more power, handles better, button to open trunk instead of double tapping, less squealing on brakes, etc. Dashboard also shows time. All these bikes also have phone holder.

What I don’t prefer as much, smaller trunk due to batteries, side mirrors are diamond and feel less view behind.

Battery changing. Click the battery icon on map and it shows where batteries can be changed. First few times, I drove past the stores expecting to see those giant gogoro battery stations and seeing nothing. Instead, they are like those metal mailboxes in the US.

The process to change the battery is find a station (like above) on wemo map that has at least 2 batteries displayed on the icon. Then open trunk and pull out battery and place it in the black slot in charger. A few seconds later a new battery will pop out and place that back in scooter. Repeat with second battery. Altogether, takes like 30 seconds. They then gave me a 10 ntd voucher.

Pro tip: rent the bikes that are low on battery that have discounted riding price. Then change battery and have full use but still cheaper.

3 Likes

Thanks for this review. :+1:
Any difference in rental fee between old and new?

thanks for sharing!

What documents are needed to sign up for the app?

actually gogoro has the 2 models available in goshare. Viva uses green plates so if its up to par with viva it will be very good indeed. I’m curious what the top speed is for the new wemo. Goshares viva is basically 52kmh

1 Like

Nope, same as other bikes. My guess is eventually they will try to replace older scooters with newer ones.

I signed up years ago, but I think back then I uploaded ARC and Taiwan light scooter license.

These probably similar, if not maybe 60. It’s city driving, so I didn’t fully test. But over 50 for sure.

1 Like

Bit of an aside question.

May I ask if you signed up before the government changed the ARC number format or after?

My passport runs out soon enough, maybe better to sign on before changing in case of forced ARC number chang?

After. My first ARC number was the new one.

1 Like