Wemo parking violations

Can Wemo, the scooter sharing app, charge you for more than one day for a parking fine?

I left and returned the scooter, I got a fine for a parking violation. I paid for the fine and later I was informed I still needed to pay for yet another parking violation for the next day in the afternoon since the company didn’t move the scooter.
Isn’t the company responsible at that point? Shouldn’t they inform me I need to move the scooter if they won’t take responsibility?

nope, ypu parked illegally, and its your fault. thats in the terms and conditions of your membership.

4 Likes

Welcome to our community!

2 Likes

But isn’t it one violation, one penalty?

The cops can write a new ticket for every day the vehicle is parked illegally, otherwise you could park once and leave it there for months.

4 Likes

They can give you multiple tickets a day if its in a time limited parking spot, also if it gets damaged or towed due to illegal parking your also liable.

Park in a legitimate parking space and your liability ends.

4 Likes

you are right, and they are not wrong.
you made a mistake and paid for it, but the rental agency also doesnt want to make your mistake their problem.
i once left a rented car parked illegally and the agency also charged an extra 3000nt “processing fee” for dealing with the fine etc…
i learned the hard way not to park illegally with rented vehicles.

5 Likes

And take a picture.

I thought that was part of the process in the app.

How did they know about the fine? Was it mailed to them? If so, then by the time they received the first fine, there might have already been multiple other fines on their way in the mail.

If their staff was at the location and found the fine physically attached to the scooter, then they should have dispatched someone to move it. They can’t just leave it there.

I got an email a week later to pay the fine, which I did, then I received a notification for the other fine also by email almost a month later. There were several others scooters parked there, so I thought it was a legal parking.