Were you able to quarantine with your partner?

When we inquired about this, they said they would only consider more dire cases like children or those who are physically disabled. A healthy couple who is technically able to take care of themselves wouldn’t qualify, according to the CDC at the time.

I have small children and definitely used that as justification.

Officially you need to, but in actuality they won’t check. When I came back from abroad, I just quarantined in my apartment with my girlfriend. We have two bedrooms, but one bathroom. Being locked up for 14 days is a sacrifice enough.

digging this up to answer:

both times I came in I was able to quarantine with my partner. the first time we weren’t even married yet. we didn’t need separate bathrooms in our hotel room either.

wife just gave them a line about me not speaking Chinese and having panic disorder (both half-true) and that was good enough for them to let us share a room together. this was as recent as last week.

if you’re with your s.o. though, besides the additional cost, why question a good thing?

time alone is precious, especially if you’re married, as I’m sure some can attest…