Western Union in the evening?

Is there any way to collect a Western Union payment in the evening? I’m always working in the daytime.

Search https://locations.westernunion.com

Here’s some

Screenshot_20181221-201131_WesternUnion

Screenshot_20181221-201336_WesternUnion

Screenshot_20181221-201354_WesternUnion

1 Like

Make sure to call them before you go.

There was one time when I went to the Western Union location and they had already closed, despite the fact that the website said they’d be open.

I’m sure that side locations are open late… but make sure to verify before making a long trek to go visit an office.

They also have this habit of not continuing contracts with the banks that allow their service. WU is terrible in Taiwan, website is often wrong about locations (they moved or.closed). Seems east coast is absent of any offices too. I need to drive 4 hours one way to use. Maybe Taipei is different, but so far I’ve only seen and used them in banks, which follow bank hours, so pretty difficult if you work day shifts. And they take an hour plus so lunch breaks are often out too.

You will have to confirm this , but I believe you can now use the ibon service in 7/11. Have to do the ibon machine transaction , then fill in a form at the counter and pay within 15 minutes . Some deal with wu. One think to note is that it may be set up for arc and may not accept aprc number . That’s been the case in the past . Anyway check it out .

But does that work for receiving money? I thought it. Was only for sending. Rarely use wu but when I do its either to get paid by foreign. Customers or emergency tea leaves stuff.

One more thing to note. Western Union in the USA doesn’t have a field for a password when sending money. But WU in Taiwan requires you to enter a password in order to pick up cash.

The password might be the sender’s ID number, driver’s license number, etc. It’ll be some information the sender provided but he/she won’t know it’s the password.

I recommend that if the OP really needs cash, he/she will probably need to take time off of work to go to WU. I don’t know if there are any other options for receiving cash that don’t require doing business in the middle of the day…

Received money yesterday, didn’t need a password.