Western woman - chances with Taiwanese Men?

More than likely yes

2 Likes

I guess I should have phrased my question better/ differently. Aside from being back in the US from 2021 to this October, Iā€™ve lived abroad since 2004.

I spent 10 years in Prague, so itā€™s like my second home, I speak Czech and totally signed up for the expats promiscuity package!! Czechs are very open minded about sex, however most Czech guys donā€™t look foreign women as long-term partners. That said, both Czech and SlovĆ”k guys are super flirty and are happy to get the twofer of an older woman and foreigner.

I lived in St Petersburg and it was really only guys around my age who were divorced or who had never been married. I didnā€™t get involved with any Russians.

Then I landed in the toxic cesspool known as Saigon. And the couple of Vietnamese guys I was with felt guilty for being with a woman outside of a committed relationship. Weirdos!!

Soā€¦ what I really want to know is who do I approach a Taiwanese guy, weather heā€™s 35 or 65???

3 Likes

Sounds like fun. Why donā€™t you move back to Prague instead of coming to Taiwan? I get the feeling youā€™re going to find Kaohsiung a little boring.

2 Likes

What are you looking for out of a relationship? Companionship, intellectually stimulating talks, to spice up life, try something new etc?

Three months is probably too short to get much done. Depends on how fast you want to move. But for me that would be maybe time to match with someone after filtering down potential candidates, go out on 3-4 dates and maybe something more private like a hike but not enough to have a deeper relationship.

1 Like

She did in Prague and Vietnam.

(edit olm: everyone, please be respectful. No ageism, fatism, sexism etc. please)

General rules donā€™t apply when you cross national boundaries.

Iā€™m not into older women, but doesnā€™t mean other men arenā€™t.

2 Likes

You might be interested to know we also have a womenā€™s only section of the forum. Iā€™m not sure how busy it is (even as a moderator I canā€™t go there), but it will probably give a different perspective

6 Likes

Sigh. Of course ā€œit variesā€. The range of human behaviour is wide. But the OP seems to be looking for ā€¦ how to put this delicately? Edge cases. Three-sigma. And there just arenā€™t as many of them as average guys.

Women have a much easier time of it than men, even well into their 50s. But after that it gets exponentially more difficult to play the young-personā€™s game - which as far as I can gather, is her intent.

Again, not saying sheā€™s going to be forever alone, merely that the options are somewhat constrained.

2 Likes

Guys and gals, please stay more on topic. Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes I think so, Taipei is more exciting for short term relationships or most parts of UK.EU.

1 Like

Taiwanese GENERALLY speaking are more conservative than most Europeans and Iā€™m not just talking about sex but openness to discussing it or discussing feelingsā€¦way moreā€¦and there are REALLY not many foreigners with free agency here ā€¦but hey thereā€™s a lot of men out there still I guess.

On the other hand as noted older people and older guys over 60 are the chattiest and friendliest and shit talking (this is both good and bad lol). Many educated people under 50 can act a bit uptight around strangers in my view. if it wasnā€™t for middle aged to older people the place would be very fucking quiet except for the scooter noose and the beeping truck in the backgroundā€¦

Thereā€™s lots of second relationships , divorcee dating, see it a lot they go hiking together Language is going to cut the options down quite a bit.

You can always just pay for it here for the fresh meat, they have cougar clubs in every city. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am, in a way, because I want to be able to connect intellectually as well as physically, to be able to have ā€œrealā€ conversations with someone who has some life experience. My wife happens to be younger, but I have had a number of relationships both short and long term, (including a couple of prior marriages) and I would say at least half were older than I.

My wife: Iā€™m getting so old!
Me: Cool!

5 Likes

Youā€™ve been bz.

4 Likes

A double whammy of sexism and fattism. Oh, plus ageism.

7 Likes

Iā€™m planning on moving to Taiwan permanently in March 2025. So in the long run, it would be great to find a partner. Basically, Iā€™m open to anything, plus you never know where things lead.

Kaohsiung totally captured my heart as did the whole island.

Prague has gotten too expensive and I donā€™t want winters anymore. I grew up in Chicago and have had my fill of snow and ice

4 Likes

Love your name. Donā€™t swim and do drugs :wink::wink:

1 Like

Yeah even fat chicks get laid. Nice, really nice

2 Likes

(edit olm: everyone, please be respectful. No ageism, fatism, sexism etc. please)

For anything more than a one night stand, you need to look for dudes in their 50s, 60s or 70s. Yes, thereā€™s a few but theyā€™re probably culturally very different from you as they come from a more traditional generation so youā€™ll need to learn patience and not be too ā€œwesternā€ in your mindset or it wonā€™t work out.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard tales itā€™s about as active as a Usenet board in 2023. Unfortunately we donā€™t have that many regular female posters these days, and the ones we do have prefer to interact in the regular forum.

3 Likes

Especially with the dwindling numbers of younger peopleā€¦

1 Like

If someone crosses a line, you can flag it and a moderator will look into it (that poster didnā€™t necessarily mean you, but could have been more careful). If you donā€™t mind carefree posting and some roughish banter, youā€™ll do well on Forumosa :grinning:

2 Likes