Wet Noodles vs Dry Noodles: The Never-ending Debate

• Wet: No soup, no dice. Soup adds extra flavor and depth.
  • Dry: I can’t stand soggy, soft noodles.
  • Depends on my mood

0 voters

2 Likes

Dry noodles (i.e. with sauce, not soup) are awesome.

Have to eat them sparingly though as they are—if eaten regularly—a fast way to getting a spare tire, at least for me!

Guy

4 Likes

Wow, no love for wet noodles. I’m surprised, I thought there’d be at least one soupy die-hard (as opposed to all us dry-hards) on this board!

I love both

2 Likes

Neither. I only like pasta.

A key part of enjoying life is to know what one likes.

For this, I salute you.

Guy

Now I want a plate of guai-tiao tom yam haang

I’ve never heard these terms before…I’m more used to soup noodles or just noodles. Does fried noodles count as dry noodles, or is that a completely different category in your naming scheme? I

Wet and dry represent two opposites for the same dish; one needs the other, like yin and yang, or black and white, or good Spock and evil goatee Spock (I’ll let you decide which is which).

Fried noodles would be something separate, unless the noodles are offered in a soup as an option.

OK, shameless plug time… If you like dry noodles, I’ve started selling these on pinkoi.

If you want to try, let me know and I can offer a discount.

Cheers

4 Likes

Theoretically, both can be awesome, but too often, Chinese/Taiwanese broths are just weak and watery, so I usually prefer dry to wet. A bowl of beef noodles with the right broth (with tomatoes) and tender beef can be delicious though.

2 Likes

Noodles, rice or potato

Choose one and only one for eternity.

Which is it? Another poll?

My sister in law makes it often (best in Taipei), doubanjiang seems to be a key ingredient. Not sure how the restaurants do it.

1 Like

Dammit…now I may need to make a midnight snack.

1 Like

Where can i find Bak Chor Mee? I need to inhale some.

In what language does that mean cocaine?

Anyone familiar with runny shits knows not to play around with restaraunt soups too much in taiwan lol.

I ALWAYS order the soup version but dont dare drink the soup. I prefer dry noodles but they are often so oily and hard on my body i always regret. A soup noodle and just eat eat th solids within (i strain every bite lol) is where its at.

On the flip side i have multiple friends that literally eat sauce with a spoon while waiting for food to come and never feel sick. To each their own i guess. But eating out, i avoid swallowing much soup because it can easily be pretty old and not reheated well and/or exfremely high in sodium/whatever nitrites and preservatives which rarely ends well for me…toilet wise.

Yeah it’s mental. Check the calories of Liang Mian in convenience store

1 Like

I voted and always pick dry noodles for Taiwan dishes.

Japanese ramen and the like of course go wet.

4 Likes

Ramen! :star_struck:

Sorry, I just got distracted there.

Guy