Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

If they take a peek at my imported sausage product, they’re getting a squirt in the eye.

1 Like

Cheese filled sausage?

Luckily, a timely course of antibiotics cured me of that particular problem.

Saw this yesterday on tv news. Video is hillarious. So the old man had to move the ball himself… because he was selling this “Brazilian” quartz ball for 3 million… now he has to spend hsi profits in new scooters for his neighbors, who must be really pissed.

1 Like

He also offered his apologies towards the people who suffered losses from the incident and said he would try to offer them a compensation.

TRY?!
Isn’t he obligated to do it?

1 Like

Translation: I’d love to pay compensation, but I’m flat broke.

Maybe… It’s not like he has a “NT$1,000,000 quartz sphere” lying around, right?

1 Like

Not worth much if it’s cracked. :grin:

Two Hemispheres going cheap at 600k each!
Two for 1 million for the lucky buyer!

3 Likes

Peanut butter in hamburgers.
I don’t get it. I tried it twice and it’s not completely unpalatable but it’s not great. Moreso the pb overpowers all the other flavours. And I’m there thinking of all the calories I’m wasting on what’s effectively a big peanut butter sandwhich

3 Likes

That ain’t a Taiwan thing, it’s a hipster thing.

And “sandwhich”???

Are you " Beaching" , again ? :yum:

I am so old that I literally attended a two-room schoolhouse in grades 1-5, in the sticks in the USA.

One day when I was six I came down with appendicitis, and missed about 2 weeks of school. When I came back, my classmates were still indignant that the school had served peanut-butter hamburgers for lunch on one of the first days I was out.

The lunchroom ladies were so offended by their constant complaining about it that the next week they served “rattlesnake meat” - and laughed while ladling it out. Turned out to be flank steak they’d marinated and fried rather than rattlesnake meat, but both sides were still pretty happy telling the story when I finally came back. Most kids found the “rattlesnake meat” surprisingly delicious, it opened some eyes about new foods (I guess).

Anyway, finally had a peanut-butter hamburger about twenty years later. I loved it. I also loved peanut-butter hot dogs, but man those are a high fat dish. Ugh.

2 Likes

This sounds like it came straight out of a Mark Twain novel.

1 Like

Depends how you lick it, I guess.

the sly grin was a problem. the rest, an opportunity!

Costco TW just started selling Christmas decorations. It’s September!

1 Like

Blah blah blah, Belgian fries with sate sauce (peanut butter) and mayo! Friggin’ delicious!

In the old country, we eat fries with mayo only and exclusively.

1 Like

Oh I thought this was purely a Dutch/Belgian thing, this really surprises me. I love it by the way, I’m from the Netherlands.