What about Longtan

Well, agree.

Perhaps it’s time fopr bob honest to show that he’s able to call a few shots familywise.

Saw this thread a work and was thinking about it driving home…Ran out of light before I could get any more shots, but tell me, do you really want to look anywhere else before checking here first?

And you say your wife wants to buy in Taoyuan? Get her up to Sunny forest first, and I guarentee this will be the last Real estate stop she makes. :wink:

[quote=“redwagon”][quote=“mingshah”]
So there are things you can do against this, but there is nothing you can do agains this shitty neighbours or rubbish yards around other areas.[/quote]Werd.

Who’s going to be paying the mortgage? He who pays decides. /story.[/quote]

Well, I donate my last Euros and then we both pay. So should be me deciding, haha.

The other house is larger, large European style rooms, the neighbourhood is not bad, but occasionaly a bit abandoned (and having the junkyard farm) and I fear it may be soon full of apartment blocks or stuff. Longtan is like paradise, it really looked like outskirt shopping center of Arhus in Denmark or similar to me, where is the vey til stranden, knallert koersel forbud :sunglasses:
As I had quite a few skin funghus problems in NeiHu (brrrrrr) the humidity worries me, but I think that should be OK now.

[quote=“MJB”]Saw this thread a work and was thinking about it driving home…Ran out of light before I could get any more shots, but tell me, do you really want to look anywhere else before checking here first?

And you say your wife wants to buy in Taoyuan? Get her up to Sunny forest first, and I guarentee this will be the last Real estate stop she makes. :wink:[/quote]

This looks good. Can you give me some details… where exactly. I try to find it.

Where Ironman, MJB, wookie, Surf, and Mr He live.

Sure it’s a great place.

The other house we consider, with this junkyard farm is at XinWu, however to spell that, close Taoyuen, So that would be close to drive to Longtan it seems. But her weird driving yesterday has made me a bit dizy, so I must check map again…

She even sank the car into a trench and it took a few binlang guys to get it out again.

EDIT: so it is not Dasi, I dunno why she talked about Dasi always

Xinwu is 10 minutes drive away from Sunny Forest Hill.

A piece of adivce:

My GF and I have a consensus on navigation and driving. She’s happy leaving it to me, as Itend to get us where we want to go fastest.

We reached that after she got humoured in a good natured way by me every time she was in charge of finding the way to wherever we were going.

[quote=“bob_honest”][quote=“MJB”]Saw this thread a work and was thinking about it driving home…Ran out of light before I could get any more shots, but tell me, do you really want to look anywhere else before checking here first?

And you say your wife wants to buy in Taoyuan? Get her up to Sunny forest first, and I guarentee this will be the last Real estate stop she makes. :wink:[/quote]

This looks good. Can you give me some details… where exactly. I try to find it.[/quote]

I don’t know where you are starting from (Neihu?).

Just take the first freeway south, past Taoyuan, past the two Chungli exits and past the Youth Industrial park exit. The next one is Yangmei/Pushin. Take this exit, but stay in the left lane as it splits. Turn left at the bottom of the offramp, go under the freeway. You’ll pass a Mcdonalds, and at the second light past the Mcdonalds there is a 7/11…Turn right. Keep straight through the first intersection and then take the first right past the intersection (Only about 200meters and you’ll be passing a large school on your right).

Follow this road up the hill until it ends at a guard gate. You’ll have to present them with ID and they’ll give you a visitor pass, but you have to have a reason to go in, which is why I suggest you contact one of us before coming.

Also, some houses here are wetter than others…Other than one room my place stays pretty dry.

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“bob_honest”][quote=“MJB”]Saw this thread a work and was thinking about it driving home…Ran out of light before I could get any more shots, but tell me, do you really want to look anywhere else before checking here first?

This looks good. Can you give me some details… where exactly. I try to find it.[/quote]

I don’t know where you are starting from (Neihu?).

Just take the first freeway south, past Taoyuan, past the two Chungli (Zhongli) exits and past the Youth Industrial park exit. The next one is Yangmei/Pushin. Take this exit, but stay in the left lane as it splits. Turn left at the bottom of the offramp, go under the freeway. You’ll pass a Mcdonalds, and at the second light past the Mcdonalds there is a 7/11…Turn right. Keep straight through the first intersection and then take the first right past the intersection (Only about 200meters and you’ll be passing a large school on your right).

Follow this road up the hill until it ends at a guard gate. You’ll have to present them with ID and they’ll give you a visitor pass, but you have to have a reason to go in, which is why I suggest you contact one of us before coming.

Also, some houses here are wetter than others…Other than one room my place stays pretty dry.[/quote]

Ah! Wife says terrible traffic at Yangmei area. Jammed in the morning…

She knows an answer for everything. That is why I live in TWN now :smiley:

Well, I used to commute from yangmei to Taipei - no worries, when I left at 6:20 AM.

Honestly, the jams start at the road from Xinwu - route 66, which is where your missus want you to live.

Tell her that she’s weird and that she has no idea about this area.

You could also let me sort her out.

[quote=“Mr He”]Well, I used to commute from yangmei to Taipei - no worries, when I left at 6:20 AM.

Honestly, the jams start at the road from Xinwu - route 66, which is where your missus want you to live.

Tell her that she’s weird and that she has no idea about this area.

You could also let me sort her out.[/quote]

His wife is worried about traffic and wants to live in Taoyuan?

Damn that’s funny.

Even the Second freeway is jammed in the morning from Longtan to Yuenshuling where the number 2 airport connector connects. Coming across the 66 in the morning would be even worse.

Agree with Mr. He…Your spouse obviously doesn’t know the area well at all.

The renting option sounds good. Also, back to humidity, Mr He’s solution is sound as is keeping your air conditioners on the dehumidifying function. Turn the setting to where it comes on whenever necessary and you are set. Of course this means you have to have air con in most rooms but that is pretty standard.

If you have had skin problems though I would rent for a year to see how you react. My wife and I had to move away from Wanfang because the extra humidity gave her rashes all the time. Despite what Mr He says, there are very big differences in the relative humidity of certain areas. I lived in Taoyuan city for a year, near Shitoushan and had no problems. Only had aircon for the bedroom. Moved to Wanfang in the hills and my books went moldy in a week. Had to throw half of them away.

But you have the benefit of my experience and others. You shouldn’t have a problem.

Longtan and Sunny Hill are both nice places. I spent a lot of time in both in the years gone by. I almost moved there myself a few years back. I would be very tempted again if I didn’t know and love Muzha so much.

Weird,. I have no aircons here.

A dehumidifier,that’s it.

[quote=“Mr He”]Weird,. I have no aircons here.

A dehumidifier,that’s it.[/quote]

You are a legend. :notworthy:

[quote=“Muzha Man”]The renting option sounds good. Also, back to humidity, Mr He’s solution is sound as is keeping your air conditioners on the dehumidifying function. Turn the setting to where it comes on whenever necessary and you are set. Of course this means you have to have air con in most rooms but that is pretty standard.

[/quote]

sorry to go OT, but when we replaced the landlord’s AC that died, the installer told us it was best to limit the use of the AC to cooling only - don’t use the dehumidifier feature - and the unit will last a LOT longer. he recommended buying a dehumidifier (no, he doesn’t sell them …) and using that when necessary. according to him, you get years more out of each product.

something to consider.

Haha, this is what my wife did during our Longtan tour.

Honestmobile in trouble… by Mrs. Honest

She developped the habbit of keeping the setting on D while not pressing the brake when she stops, haha. No damage done, some guys from the betlenut stand and the corner helped us lifting it with hands. Even spoke some English and were very nice. First thought it is a stupid Waiguoren, haha, nada.

Put some pics from my community online. I guess it is pretty much than everywhere in Taiwan, so never mind to move here… :wink:

here is the link…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14874106@N00/sets/72057594124951244/

and here something to see first…

sorry for that, will upload more today, also from the area out side of the community… and sure, this area kills you… :smiley:

Yippie, I am moving out of my slum.

Good bye spitstains, goodbye old foodstand hag,

goodbye Leifu, you teeth clampering helldog,

goodbye scooter number 1 … 37475483983, goodbye stinking WenDe Road,

goodbye dead rat in park. I know we two really developped a relationship, but I am still not sure if you were “the dead rat of the week” or just always the same dead old rat.

Goodbye dead rat road, goodbye misery, I am not going to cry…

:smiley:

Dammit but that area looks nice. I’m kinda scared to go up there for a look… I might end up being forced to move there.

<-- checks bank balance and current interest rates

Hey guys, that was just a joke… no, no, no… not move all up here… so quite and peacefull here now… and I am the only foreigner in this community, don’t take my unique status away from me, they all tread me so nice now… :smiley:

and also I just realised: Does that mean I have to live next door to a G E R M A N soon? :astonished:

:smiley:

(I should try to get some % of the sales prices… :wink: )