What are adult KTVs like in Taiwan?

Funny, the air hostess I used to date was looking for a serious relationship (as in the M word). I was the slut in that relationship.

1 Like

They broke up already right? He was wise

Cheating ain’t cool bro. But neither is marriage

Good point. Thought he was still with her for some reason.

She married into a rich family in HK
Pays to work the First Class cabin

And I’m still me

1 Like

I’m still with her. Everything’s fine.

1 Like

What happens in a KTV?

Drinking with girls singing songs, keeping your glasses full of beer, laughing and playing games.

Or girls taking off part or all of their clothes and singing songs, keeping your glasses full of beer, laughing and playing games.

Or girls taking off part or all of their clothes and singing songs, keeping your glasses full of beer, laughing and playing games, and providing any level of extra services.

Or girls giving you phone number and meeting up outside.

Or so I’ve heard.

2 Likes

I was just curious as I wanted to hear what others have heard.

She told me in length about her 2 year KTV stint over the past few months. I decided to stay with her since I felt that she really is being genuine, has good intentions, and is looking forward to the future. She’d like me to stay here in Taiwan! The relationship has become more and more intimate. Whoever stated that I am lucky to have her doting over me is really right!

Meanwhile,
Work is going smoothly and very interesting. I’m looking at business opportunities at the moment. She’s progressing well in her nursing studies and staying focused.

I’ve gotten to know Taipei more and more now. I really enjoy Taiwanese night markets and hot pot restaurants.

As I look back, it’s funny where life takes you sometimes. Even just 2 years ago (when I just started working full-time after graduation), I never thought that I’d someday be working and living in Taiwan and being in what feels like a more and more serious relationship with a girl.

5 Likes

Glad to hear that you gave her a chance…and that things worked out. I guess some stories involving KTV hostesses do have happy endings. :wink:

2 Likes

Good!

Oh my God…

2 Likes

If you like her then it’s good to forget about the past and only look from the present to the future.

Any idea like what town or city or street or area that she worked?

Linsen N. Road, Taipei.

She’s lived in Taipei all her life.

She’s from a poor, broken family. In addition, she lost both of her parents when she was just in high school. I mean the fact that she has a clear direction is a far cry from where she was just a few years ago. Therefore, meeting her really made me I also realize how privileged I have been to be able to grow up in an upper middle class suburb and attend a “prestigious” school in the States. Before, I would generally take things for granted and feel that we really lived in a meritocratic world.

2 Likes

These two sentences are a tad contradictory…

3 Likes

Just curious.

I really hope that she will make you happy, and that you will make her happy too. I have a soft spot for people who struggle.

well, she really makes me happy! Also, she doesn’t hesitate to say what she really feels (as in what I should improve on) and I feel like that’s really made me a better person.

On top of having a sweet girlfriend, I’m enjoying my work, night markets, living in Neihu (I really like Costco, RT Mart, Miramar), and earning a “great” salary by Taiwanese standards, I can’t really think of much to complain about right now.

Now that I’m more familiar with her background, I feel like I’ve become more understanding than before.

All in all, for someone who has had a rough life, she’s actually quite strong mentally.

1 Like

Nice to hear that.

Although you don’t have complains right now, you will once all the shit you eat at those night markets start to rot your stomach and inner organs.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been cautioned by her as well.

At this stage you should have a stomach of iron don’t worry.
Glad to hear things are going well. Many billions of people in the world struggle to make a living day by day and raise themselves up or even to put food on the table.
We should remember this.
Also you may be slightly fortunate if her family is not around to drag her down . Have experienced something like this when younger and it’s really tough to deal with ‘other peoples problems’ when you have your own problems.
In hindsight I think I should have disengaged earlier from a previous relationship because of toxic family issues which I was not in a position to deal with. We have a right to enjoy life too.

Yes of course.