What are the absolute best restaurants in Tamsui?

1 Like

I don’t think he’s looking at buying second hand A-Gei.

1 Like

What’s the difference really? It’s all shite.

Your views on Taiwanese food are well known.

Now do you have anything to contribute to the topic of this thread? :grin:

Guy

1 Like

Steering people away from the horrors of a-gei is a valuable public service.

1 Like

The topic of this thread is not “Which places should you avoid in Tamsui,” it’s “the absolute best restaurants in Tamsui.”

Show us you have some game here and can extend beyond the realm of tianlongguo. :rofl:

Guy

I’m rarely out there these days. The food scene is pretty dismal to be honest.

I appreciate the candour. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

Let’s face it though boys, agei is a food that is so untasty it’s unavailable anywhere else in the world. Not even Sanchong will sell it

2 Likes

That’s the tofu softball with rice noodles inside, right?

There’s a restaurant called the pirate bay? Do they have pirate music there?

What’s pirate music? Shanties?

Yeth

Yep, the one that tastes like old gym socks boiled with fish heads. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Maybe this is stretching it but I like 83號咖啡 for coffee. Unforced old school vibe

1 Like

Anyone tried Red Barn? Any good?

I hesitate to make any suggestions when question is only asking for absolute best.

F*** second best, judgement which is absolute best or absolute second best.

I suspect the superlative is used by the OP to communicate enthusiasm and top-level aspirations—however unlikely it is we’ll actually get there. :grin:

Guy

I employed a rhetorical device known as hyperbole intending to illicit a more enthusiastic response.

1 Like

Yeah, Kook’s is an institution. Everything on the menu is good, even the vegetarian crap.

I’m not 100% sure it’s still there, but there is/was an all-you-can-eat sukiyaki place at the top of the Meito mall which is/was very good. Quite reasonably priced too.

3 Likes