What are the absolute best restaurants in Tamsui?

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Kooks is great. As a human who survives solely on said “vegetarian crap” I can confirm it’s bloody great. But unfortunately they changed the menu few months ago and removed quite a few vegetarian items (they still have several though)

3 Likes

Rabbit food that tastes great. Can’t be too many of those.

1 Like

I haven’t been there for a while, but one of my favourite items there was the enormous salad. Although I usually had mine with meatballs or chicken on top.

Rabbits always taste great.

The meat can get very dry if not cooked properly.

That’s why God made gravy.

I’ve eaten it fried more times than not. A high school friend’s family raised rabbits as their primary protein source. Unfortunately that gave him the nickname “Rabbit Rouser”.

I agree but rabbit food = veggies.

Your name escapes you…

I wanted to share that I like this burger especially for the price.

DAPUNZ 達胖滋
0975 011 160

3 Likes

+1. That is a tasty burger.

1 Like

Since you asked for it I saw this

1 Like

Finally giving Britshake a shot tonight

1 Like

Since there was no moon whatsoever, we went to this place yesterday:

宋朝餡餅粥

It was very good. They only have a few tables, so we had to wait 10-15 minutes. Lots of people taking away while we where there. I love this kind of food.

7 Likes

Cool: great to see recommendations for places like this, slightly off the beaten path so I’d probably never notice them, but still quite accessible.

2 Likes

Hey! I also ate there just this weekend. I agree it’s pretty good

Discovered there are quite a few interesting looking restaurants in the area as well

2 Likes

I agree with everything said about Kooks (1). But, what about Kooks 2? It’s in the mountain. I ate there only once and the burger was (much) worse than in Kooks 1. Very dry meat. It was their first burger of the day, because they weren’t even open when we arrived. So, I guess it was bad luck or maybe yesterday’s meet…

Anyway, it wasn’t a great introduction to Kooks for my friend.

Kooks 2 異嗑堂二店 (K2 Mountain Kitchen 山灶廚房)
02 2625 6610

1 Like

This one?

Maverick Cubano
0933 880 014

No. Marco’s Cuban Sandwiches.

How was it?

Guy