What are you guys doing with your money? 💵

Damn good question. My money is accumulating in the bank and occasionally I’ll put some in a term deposit. I keep meaning to figure out how to invest better, but to be honest I’m not in a big hurry because for a few years now I’ve thought the stock market was peaking - oops on that, although presumably one day I’ll be right. (I accidentally timed things very well in 2008 by cashing in most of what I had to buy an apartment, and that was right before the crash - although of course stocks have long since recovered.)

What I want to do and I keep procrastinating on figuring it out: a simple index fund. (I assume that gets more complex quickly: which index?)

Funds here or online confuse me because I’m Canadian and no one has a clue what the rules seem to be for me. This goes for both Taiwan and Canada. My Taiwanese sister-in-law is in finance, yet when I asked her about indexed mutual funds she didn’t seem to understand me.

I thought we had a long discussion about this in the past year or two, but at the moment I can’t find it.

A few related threads:

(This may be the one I’m remembering:)