What Citizenships can I Buy?

The Crypto Citizenship Program in Central African Republic…

You would also have an embassy to help you. :wink:

4 Likes

Now if a cardinal renounced their Holy See citizenship to become Taiwanese that would cause a stir.

if i throw in am extra 50, can i get diplomatic one? for the license plate…

Yeah, I probably missed it.
But if that’s the case, doesn’t it dismiss the spirit of the rule? :idunno:

1 Like

Taiwan is not a common law country.

As many foreigners in Taiwan find out when they are getting sued or suing… The spirit of the law doesn’t matter. It is the wording that counts.

1 Like

Many EU countries are also civil law, where precedents don’t matter but only the letter of the law does.

I’m not sure it matters THAT much though.

1 Like

Yes, I get that.
I was just pointing out that the law makes no sense. Either renounce all nationalities or none (preferably :wink:).
The way it is it’s unfair for the supporters of either side.

4 Likes

Any list showing Belize is quite out of date, it was a money grab by politicians there for one term of govt and was stopped when they got kicked out some years ago.

Doing business with Pakistan is so damn hard. Banks really do not like it when you transfer money there.

1 Like

Nope. The spirit of the law is clearly written. Renounce and enjoy citizenship here for most of us. Taiwanese are allowed multiple citizenships. Become Taiwanese and enjoy these benefits. Some people if they cannot renounce are also allowed to get ROC citizenship, good for them. Some elites are exempt from renunciation and using a tarc before HHR and ID.

The spirit of the law is alive and well. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Even bigger problem is getting money out if you earn something there. They have a dollar shortage. Banks these days even outright refuse to convert money and let you send it out.

Most of the exchange happens in the black market.

3 Likes

The spirit of the law is pretty shitty then. Game the system by buying a citizenship somewhere, and you can keep your original one. If you don’t have that kind of money, you’re out of luck!

5 Likes

Corruption is equally possible in both common law or civil law legal systems. One isn’t better than another.

People will use whatever system is available to them. It is not gaming the law it is using the law to one’s own advantage. Like my son not claiming ROC citizenship in Taiwan so he could leave and study abroad then get his Taiwan passport. Also if the new law passes that he would qualify for HHR and ID card without needing Taiwan tarc first then is he gaming the system?

lolz you mean the law doesn’t suit you at all? Good thing buying Pakistani citizenship is limited to those who are commonwealth country passport holders. Cheap at less than US$18k

1 Like

Also known as ‘life’

Also known as “wasn’t meant to be easy”

1 Like

Also known as a shitty law and bad policy.

5 Likes

For some reason it’s easier to make transfer to Pakistan for personal reasons but for business it’s so damn hard.

Pakistan is a huge manufacturer of beauty tools like scissors, tweezers, clippers, that sort of stuff we sell. We want to do more business there but it’s a painful process.

1 Like

The alternative is buying a Plum Blossom Card by investing $ 30 million into Taiwan government bonds for three years. That money is even refundable.

5 Likes