What did you get at your weiya?

[quote=“Anubis”]two nights (all meals included) at the Lakeshore Hotel.

Not bad, eh? :slight_smile:[/quote]

I stayed there with my wife and her clan (parents-in-law, four sisters-in-law, two brothers-in-law, and five nephews and nieces) last Friday night, and it’s pretty good in most respects (though I didn’t catch sight of anything like a lake). It definitely makes the list of hotels I’ll gladly return to.

Top prizes: 2 Toyota Wish vans, big screen TVs, computers, cell phones, etc.

I got NT$600 in coupons for 7/11. Everyone did. But, can’t complain: that’s a few beers.

Don’t have weiyas in HK, but some of my Taiwan highlights include a battery powered eye massager, and a hair curling wand, which was particualrly funny given I’m balding, and the only one in a vast room with naturally curly hair, well what’s left.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Don’t have weiyas in HK, but some of my Taiwan highlights include a battery powered eye massager, and a hair curling wand, which was particualrly funny given I’m balding, and the only one in a vast room with naturally curly hair, well what’s left.

HG[/quote]

Aren’t wands for doing magic and casting spells?

So, I guess you’re not balding anymore, are you?

Or maybe you just don’t know how to use your wand?

Here’s some advice:

[i]Spells work best when you are comfortable and familiar with your Magic Wand. A Wand is a very personal metaphysical tool. It is not the price, but the quality and content that determines the value of a Magic Wand. You, as the Wand User will have to decide which Wand best speaks to You.

Casting Spells is something that must be approached with great care, because you are powerful beyond your wildest imagination. Spells should never seek to control others, or do harm to another. Spells must never be cast in anger, if they are, the person casting the Spell will only reap sorrow.

Before attempting to cast any Spell, a witch or wizard needs to take a bit of time to connect with the Earth, the Stars, and the creatures with whom they share the planet. True magic does not come instantly, but for those who are patient and take the time to learn responsible Spell-casting, their powers grow strong and true.[/i]

realmagicwands.com.phtemp.com/spells.html

:slight_smile:

Doh! In an act of obviously unforeseen largess I gave it to some underpaid and ungrateful back office imp!

Damn! :laughing:

HG

ALWAYS read the manual. :slight_smile:

got lots of cash hahahaha

This year I got a lamp, last year it was a microwave. I also recieved a great meal and took bags of leftovers, no compliants here!

Three years ago at the company weiya I got the blinding clarity that I would never again attend another company weiya unless one of the prizes was a desperately needed kidney on ice.

I don’t like them either but I already skipped the company trip last November (first ever the company had) so I didn’t have a choice, especially since our customers attend, too. Worst was the Karaoke machine in the dining room and sure enough someone couldn’t resist and started singing during the meal, but luckily only 4 or 5 songs (who the f… brings his mum to a company dinner?). The food was ok though and it was all over in something like 2.5 hours.