What do you call that thing that old people drive?

An auto-rickshaw? A moto-rickshaw? What?

(By now I hope you know the kind of vehicle I am referring to.)

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]An auto-rickshaw? A moto-rickshaw? What?

(By now I hope you know the kind of vehicle I am referring to.)[/quote]

I think its called a rascal mobility scooter. Bahahahahha, you set yourself up for this one.

Any of the below

I think you probably mean the 3-wheeler trike trucks, though as the above piss-take implies, you couldn’t easily have been less specific in your enquiry.

If that IS what you mean, the auto-rickshaw description is not appropriate, since a rickshaw is for transporting (fare paying) passengers, and, unlike Thailand, etc there is no 3-wheeler taxi service in Taiwan, AFAIK. These are used for goods (esp recycling) and food vending.

I think the Chinese name sounds something like “san launche” which I’d guess means 3-wheeler. They mostly use a Kawasaki BI/II for the engine and front end, but there are larger diesel-powered heavy commercial versions which presumably have the front-end custom made.

I used to have some pictures but lost them when Yahoo briefcase closed. The Web is a castle built on clouds.

If you describe them in precise detail to a Taiwanese (without using the Chinese name) they’ll deny they exist. Try it, its interestingly weird.

Yes–thank you Ed Lithgow! (But not you other mean people who make fun of me! Tphhh!)

“Trike trucks.” I like that–is that their English name?

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]Yes–thank you Ed Lithgow! (But not you other mean people who make fun of me! Tphhh!)

“Trike trucks.” I like that–is that their English name?[/quote]

Their English name is whatever we say it is. I think I’ve also used truckcicles, truckcycles, trykcicles, tryckups, etc, etc. Theres no need to decide.

(Wegotdapowa. djd-dz-dz.)

Rolling, death trap, traffic impeding, smoldering annoyances. I sure wish I could get one.

Scrap on wheels … tuktuk … rolling smoke stack …

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]Yes–thank you Ed Lithgow! (But not you other mean people who make fun of me! Tphhh!)
[/quote]

Oh c’mon it was funny. Now I will really answer your question. There are 2 names that they are called. The first one is
鐵牛車 tei niu che, which means iron ox vehicle and the other is 三輪車 which means 3 wheeled vehicle. I prefer 鐵牛車 tei niu che myself.

A Stannah Stairlift

Moving target?

Toyota Prius.

What do you call that thing that old people drive?
SLOW. :wink:

reliant robin

I always thought the motorized 3-wheelers were called “motortrikes.” There are variations on the theme:

Those little electric carts driven by the old folks are called dian4dong4che1 電動車