What does “屁屁硬扣扣” mean?

It’s from a Taiwanese song called 一級棒” by Jeannie Hsieh (謝金燕). “腰束,奶澎、屁屁硬扣扣”
I tried to look for translations but the closest I could find was this (1:08). “Waist is slim, boobs are big, butt is elastic”. What? What does 硬扣扣 even mean? I’m guessing it’s Taiwanese hokkien slang.

1 Like

Bouncy?

No idea but I like how it sounds! Want to meet her in person.

1 Like

That’s my guess too, since 扣扣 = QQ = Rubbery/chewy? This makes me think of English slang that’s probably confusing to others, like “She thicc” and “Mmm, look at those cakes” (I think that’s what the kids are saying these days)

硬扣扣 means hard or firm.

2 Likes

Tight ass?

1 Like

Those are two different adjectives and sound different.

Tīng-kho̍k-kho̍k is what the Mandarin transcription of 硬扣扣 is trying to get at. QQ is written as khiū-khiū, which obviously doesn’t sound like -kho̍k-kho̍k.

MOE wants people to write Tīng-kho̍k-kho̍k as 𠕇硞硞, although in the past people have attached various Hanji to it. As long as it’s not just approximating the word using Mandarin pronunciation then I’m fine with it. Same as MOE’s suggestion for using 𩚨𩚨 to write khiū-khiū.

Tīng-kho̍k-kho̍k definitely means firm in this case.

5 Likes

I asked my students and they’ve never heard of it.

None of your students have heard of tīng-kho̍k-kho̍k? Taigi is certainly dying then.

In relation to ass.

One of them said “It means the woman’s body is nice”. No further elaboration was offered.

They’re probably hemming and hawing because you’re such a hardass.

2 Likes

I’ve got a reputation as a big softass.

1 Like

How old are your students though? If they are not at least in college, they’d probably find it weird trying to explain lyrics that means “skinny waist, big boobs, and tight ass” to their teacher.

Kindy

7 Likes

Ha, I had a brain fart. I’ve seen 扣扣 in reference to QQ…but it was for Tencent QQ (腾讯QQ in China). Whoops!

Legend

2 Likes

BiggusDickus the perv teacher.

1 Like

Everybody thanks for the answers. I can now go on :relieved::v:

1 Like