What does this mean? Girl uses "hahhahaha" in every sentence

So I just started talking to this girl and she types “hahahahah” (yes, this long) either in the beginning or (and) at the end of all her responses. I’ve never seen people use it repeatedly. It loses its meaning after a while. It isn’t like I’m Bill Burr, and not every message of mine demands laughter. What is the meaning of this??
(I posted this in dating because I couldn’t see a ‘social’ category)

1 Like

Have you tried…asking her what it means?

I don’t know hahahahahahahha

2 Likes

More than a few of us on here know that feeling, looking at you @fredsmith.

2 Likes

It’s a keeper!

1 Like

Keeps things lite until better defined or she is shy or she isn’t into you and is just being nice. But any of those could change 哈哈哈哈哈哈

She’s a giggler! You’ll have fun when meeting her.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. And there’s probably a good chance that she’s ticklish…always a good sign.

@Hanna Nooo…That would be the sensible thing to do. idk isn’t it impolite to just point it out? We are not too close. And judging from her obsession with the haha stuff, she would choose that over me, anyday. XD
Also, a friend put this evil idea in my head saying “have you considered the possibility that she could be laughing at you and not with you?”

@Andrew0409 you have no shame, sir.

@Mick BUT WHAT DOES IT MEEAAAAAAN???

@tango42 I don’t know what chinese character that is, but I have a good enough guess.

@Belgian_Pie That is the thing. I first met her a couple of times (in a formal group-like setting) . She laughed plenty at my jokes and nothing boosts my confidence more than that. So I started texting her. She responds okay…but the frequency and amplitude of these haha(s) makes me feel like she would even laugh at photosynthesis.

@Dr_Milker I will let you know if and when that gets confirmed.

It means she is more than likely looking to start a new business and looking for someone to potentially represent her in the court of law.

1 Like

Somebody drove all the comedians in this direction.

i thought you were curious about weirdos? keep talking to her until your curiosity is satisfied!

3 Likes

@BHL4life Douché!

I come here to quench my curiosity. And all you have given me on this website is absolute ridicule. XD

(But seriously, has nobody witnessed such idiosyncrasy?
It is Really disturbing to me. I like her but I don’t want to text her just to see that blasphemy)

hahahahahahaha

3 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

2 Likes

It’s honestly probably just a nervous tic.
If she didnt want to talk to you she would probably ‘ween’ you off. Longer time to reply to your messages, not initiate convos, etc.

She probably just doesn’t want to say something like “Oh I know what you mean” because that can look too direct to some people so to overcompensate she’s developed a habit of adding “Oh I know what you mean haha” which has evolved into “hahahahah” which has evolved into “hahahaha” added after every other sentence.

Just say something like:
“I don’t get it!”
“Get what?”
“The joke.”
“What joke?”
“You said ‘hahaha’. I’m confused.”
“Oh, nvm”
ponders all life decisions and decides to decrease usage of ‘hahahah’ by approximately 5-10% for the upcoming week

Hopefully, that works. Otherwise, just start adding “HAHAHAHAHA” to each of your sentences and see where it goes from there.

1 Like

Man! You were holding-in all this wisdom and rather chose to post that sarcastic comment.

This is exactly what im going to do.

Hahahaha! That would be like two potheads trying to have a serious conversation.

1 Like

Basically, I think her laugh can mean one of two things:

1. She likes you, but she’s embarrassed and shy.

2. She doesn’t like you, but she’s embarrassed and too polite to tell you to get lost.

Here’s hoping it’s no. 1.

3 Likes

Also, have we considered she may have sort of chronic hiccup problem?
If that’s the case, that can actually be a serious issue with a whole mess of emotional baggage attached. Best to be as sensitive as possible in this scenario.

GERD is no laughing matter, but does it show up in one’s typing?